How to Update NAND-X Using A CK3i / CK3 Pro

Ubergeek

Xecuter Groupie
Feb 24, 2003
California, USA
Just got my CK3i to Nand-X cable today.

Ended up being super easy on Win7 64 bit with your tutorial Ubergeek. Thanks.

I used a MOLEX power supply to power my CK3i. For anyone having issues with powering thru their USB port or a powered USB hub, try a MOLEX power supply connected to your CK3i.
You're SUPPOSED to power the ck3 with molex. How did you expect it to work otherwise ? lol

ramaro125

Jun 11, 2010
san diego
hello i am having the same problem try ck3pro/ck3pro-d/ck3i no success turn the ck3i( side note the ck3i was assemble wrong the end plastic casing on the ck3i end was backwards the nand x was not turning on i switch cables to the same position and nandx on ) on off multiple times try different computer ueber any sugestions :mad2::facepalm: ps try the video from carolina gamer nothing also about side note try to email xecuter store down for maintenance
sorry i did not tell what was mi problem lol :facepalm: flash magic failed autobaud step-1:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

GetBackers

Noob Account
Jun 13, 2010
For All That are having the Failed autobaoud whit an old CK3 Pro, (NOT REV D ONE). Just Put the Cable Jumper like you put on The REV D. For Me It works like a charm!!!

Hope It helps anyone.
I was under the impression this wasn't necessary for the non rev D version as I've been reading, but maybe it really is necessary. Can anyone else confirm if this is true?

jllerk

Jun 4, 2009
NL
Relax2010 did you use a ck3i or a ck3pro ? im considering to buy a ck3i but if that gives me that autobaud error too i can better wait for the USB update cable :redface:

satans1978

Jan 25, 2010
I was under the impression this wasn't necessary for the non rev D version as I've been reading, but maybe it really is necessary. Can anyone else confirm if this is true?
i'm not sure if my revision d is a clone but the PL2303 chip doesn't have pin 1 on mine (mostl likely a clone)... no pin 1 at all very weird... i suppose that's why i was getting the failed to autobaud error on mine. but then i have an old non-rev d (no com-usb switch), and i couldn't do the update properly with flashmagic either, finally i managed to update it with xtractor2.3

doobzilla

Noob Account
Jun 27, 2003
Everywhere, like Elvis
Updated my nandx to ArmV3 and now when I try to use NandPro3.0 I get "Looking for USB Device can not continue.." It worked just fine with NandPro 2.0.. Any ideas?

It is recognized in Device manager, even nandpro 2.0 recognizes but gives you a arm error. I just dont know why it doesnt go past looking for usb device.
I'm getting the same error here. Updated and verified everything just fine, even read every single post here to see if anyone else was having a similar problem. I also tried another NAND-x that was NIB and un-updated. NandPro v3.0 throws out the, "Incompatible ARM firmware for this version of NandPro!" error. I was getting the Autobaud error, until I flicked the power on and immediately started the update through flashmagic as per OP.

I am running Win 7 x64 if that makes any difference at all. I did make a DIY cable (have the Team-X on order currently) and I followed the DIY thread to a T and have properly soldered and heatshrink insulated the five wires. I also have installed, uninstalled, and reinstalled several different versions of the drivers for the Nand-X (but only versions found in this thread, the last set being the one that coolshrimp posted). I'd really like to get this sorted, but I understand that I'm new to the RGH and, as such, am prone to making mistakes (you should've seen me when I did my first JTAG!). Thanks for any and all help, it is greatly appreciated!

doobzilla

Noob Account
Jun 27, 2003
Everywhere, like Elvis
I just used this thread to triple check my update cable and I do have everything wired correctly. Thanks for the heads up, I'll definitely fix my ordered cables as necessary. Unfortunately, I am still having my issue. It just has to be down to something that I am doing wrong. Oh well, I'll sleep on it and attack it from another angle in the morning, who knows, maybe I'll figure it out in my sleep. It wouldn't be the first time!

edit: BTW, got it sorted. I didn't have the power cable plugged into the power brick far enough. HURR! I actually woke myself up last night thinking about checking that cord. Luckily, I went back to sleep and waited until morning or else I would've been up all night finishing the install. So, to sum up, don't be a f**ktard.

relax2010

Jan 27, 2011
Chiangmai , Thailand.
Relax2010 did you use a ck3i or a ck3pro ? im considering to buy a ck3i but if that gives me that autobaud error too i can better wait for the USB update cable :redface:
I used CK3i in all process. I first realized from the connection picture shown I should connect both molex and USB to make sure every step in the process will not have anything wrong accidentally happens.:)

spude

Noob Account
Dec 10, 2009
UK
hello,trying to Update NAND-X Using A CK3i keep getting failed to autobaud - step 1.have all officail tx cables,get red light for power,wont update and if plug in usb to nand x only get a red light,should be getting a red and orange leds.computer wont even detect nand x,all worked fine till tried to update,im guessing its the bootlaoder,any help on getting the bootlaoder back as the nand x just comes on with red light for power,when usb plugged into nand x to use as normal.

hansrolo

Noob Account
Nov 1, 2011
I am getting the autobaud error on flashing. Using:

- CK3i (purchased 2 weeks ago)
- Nand-x (purchased 2 weeks ago)
- CK3 -> Nand-x update cable (brand new, double-checked for correct wiring)

I've tried it on 3 machines:

Windows XP laptop
Windows 7 x64 PC
Windoes 7 x64 laptop

Blue light on CK3i (with molex), red light on the Nand-x. 9600, correct port, correct chip. Drivers installed for both. Have tried turning it on after clicking start, 12 and 14.745. CK3i drivers installed. Running as admin on Win 7 machines.

The only thing I haven't tried is a powered USB hub... I don't have one and don't want to throw more money at the problem just to get the Nand-x updated. Out of ideas!

Anyone in London want to flash it for me? :)

EDIT: I read Xecuter saying "I also got the autobaud error when the HEX file wasn't selected correctly" ... my .hex file is just in the root folder of c:

gargoyle67

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2011
Try a baud rate of 7200, Thats what worked for me when I was getting autobaud errors until I knocked down the speed,
I had the rate on 12 mhz also.
Win7 64bit, Hex file was on another Hard drive, Not my boot drive.

hansrolo

Noob Account
Nov 1, 2011
Sorry, I'm in London UK but many thanks(givings) anyhow.

---------- Post added at 16:29 ---------- Previous post was at 16:20 ----------

@gargoyle67 Thanks for the tip, but it didn't help. No luck on slower Baud rates.

If it helps, my Nand-x must be an older one as it has a yellow LED, not a green.

gargoyle67

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2011
@hansrolo,
mmm does sound strange, Shouldn't make a difference that it's an older Nand-x, I'm in clacton-on-sea, essex if you wanted to post it to me to try to flash.

Support Our Sponsors