Dec 24, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
As per Usual Ubergeek, your tut's work and are easy to follow! Thanks. :smile:
Am going slow as this is my first Nandx.:wink:

---------- Post added at 23:54 ---------- Previous post was at 23:48 ----------

I am getting the autobaud error on flashing. Using:

- CK3i (purchased 2 weeks ago)
- Nand-x (purchased 2 weeks ago)
- CK3 -> Nand-x update cable (brand new, double-checked for correct wiring)

I've tried it on 3 machines:

Windows XP laptop
Windows 7 x64 PC
Windoes 7 x64 laptop

Blue light on CK3i (with molex), red light on the Nand-x. 9600, correct port, correct chip. Drivers installed for both. Have tried turning it on after clicking start, 12 and 14.745. CK3i drivers installed. Running as admin on Win 7 machines.

The only thing I haven't tried is a powered USB hub... I don't have one and don't want to throw more money at the problem just to get the Nand-x updated. Out of ideas!

Anyone in London want to flash it for me? :)

EDIT: I read Xecuter saying "I also got the autobaud error when the HEX file wasn't selected correctly" ... my .hex file is just in the root folder of c:
The first attemp I did I got that error. BUT as Uber said in his tut, have everything ready then turn off then on the ck3i, I did and away it went.:smile:

neural

Oct 29, 2009
leigh
can someone help me with updating my nandx
i have ck3 pro and official cable to to connect to the nand x but i cant even get the divers to show up in device manager there is no lpt and com port showing i am using the following

ck3pro
nandx
official nandx cable
usb port is on the back of pc and provides enough power
xecuter usb cable

tried both drivers none of them show up been at it for hours

hansrolo

Noob Account
Nov 1, 2011
A follow up to my previous trouble. I took the Nand-x I couldn't update around to a pro modder. Like me he couldn't update it and then with exactly the same setup, upgraded one of his v2 Nand-xs without a problem.

Looks like I've got a dud and will have to send it back.

Ubergeek

Xecuter Groupie
Feb 24, 2003
California, USA
can someone help me with updating my nandx
i have ck3 pro and official cable to to connect to the nand x but i cant even get the divers to show up in device manager there is no lpt and com port showing i am using the following

ck3pro
nandx
official nandx cable
usb port is on the back of pc and provides enough power
xecuter usb cable

tried both drivers none of them show up been at it for hours
if both your nandx and ck3 pro drivers are not showing then you are DEFINITLEY doing something wrong - the odds of that happening are just huge.

---------- Post added at 09:30 ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 ----------

A follow up to my previous trouble. I took the Nand-x I couldn't update around to a pro modder. Like me he couldn't update it and then with exactly the same setup, upgraded one of his v2 Nand-xs without a problem.

Looks like I've got a dud and will have to send it back.
simply send it back and get it swapped for another one if you think its faulty

neural

Oct 29, 2009
leigh
my nand x shows up if i plug it in its just the ck3 pro that doesnt tried both drivers but no com ports show in device manager

im on win7 x64 ultimate if that makes a difference

just installing win xp on another disk to see if that works

neural

Oct 29, 2009
leigh
installed win xp and still no joy installing the ck3 pro drivers

followed the instructions to the letter and still nothing i know the ck3 is working because i just flashed a drive with it

nand x is installed fine

this is doing my head in i have now spent 2 days trying to install drivers for something that will take 30 seconds to do

diaboliq20

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2011
Scotland
installed win xp and still no joy installing the ck3 pro drivers

followed the instructions to the letter and still nothing i know the ck3 is working because i just flashed a drive with it

nand x is installed fine

this is doing my head in i have now spent 2 days trying to install drivers for something that will take 30 seconds to do
how are you connecting the ck3 pro to the computer - and which rev is it?

neural

Oct 29, 2009
leigh
ck3 pro is connected with molex direct from pc power supply and usb cable supplied with nand x

not sure which revision the ck3 pro is but it doesnt have a switch for usb/com
tried 3 different cables all of which i know work

usb lead has been tried in all usb ports and a couple of powered usb hubs

Svantesson666

Jul 21, 2006
Sweden
ixtremelt.se
Got the Autobaud error on a CK3 Pro and it doesn't matter what I do, or which computer I try to flash from, the NAN-X just won't update. As people seem to have problem using the CK3i too (seems to be less though) I'll wait and see how good the USB cable treats people. I guess I'll know soon enough. ;)

It sucks when you try to do the RGH and you can't even get pass step number one... haha

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
Got the Autobaud error on a CK3 Pro and it doesn't matter what I do, or which computer I try to flash from, the NAN-X just won't update. As people seem to have problem using the CK3i too (seems to be less though) I'll wait and see how good the USB cable treats people. I guess I'll know soon enough. ;)

It sucks when you try to do the RGH and you can't even get pass step number one... haha
What COM port are you selecting in FlashMagic? The one assigned to CK3?

neural

Oct 29, 2009
leigh
decided as i am not getting any help to just buy the usb cable have done fresh installs of xp, vista and windows 7 on 2 different computers and still cant get the drivers for ck3 pro installed all i wanted to do is update the damn nand x

i keep getting errors of either "a service installation section in this inf is invalid" Code 34 or 10 errors in device manager and also "the installation failed because a function driver was not specified for this device instance"

Reclaimer0418

Dec 1, 2011
San Leandro, Ca
Works wonderfully with the new USB to Nand-x update cable, Great tutorial pal. (for those reading this that dont know what to do, just jump in at step 2 if you have the usb update cable)

Support Our Sponsors