LITEON DG-16D2S I fried the dvd drives mobo

Buntfly1

Noob Account
Oct 2, 2012
I recently tried to flash my liteon-DG-162DS and when ever I plugged in the power to the liteon it fried the mobo I was wondering if there was any other way to get the dvd key with out the dvd drive and without RGH. Thanks in advance!!:)

Last edited:

Buntfly1

Noob Account
Oct 2, 2012
If I need to RGH please tell me how to do so and about how much it will cost since I dont know exactly what to look for! Thanks again

Reactions: Voitek77
L

LoneWolf913

What dash version is the console on, what kind of motherboard is it, where are you located, and can we get some pictures of the DVD pcb in case there is easily-repairable damage?

WNYConsoles

Troll Eating Dogs
I have a saying in my head when I work on DVD drives, green wires up, power OFF when plugging in.

OP, take some pictures of the PCB. Chances are it's just a blown component and easily repairable. I have seen drives with burn marks that worked fine.

If not, temporary RGH is the way to go for sure. 14699/14719 or below depending on motherboard type. Chances are it's a Xenon, Falcon, or Jasper.

Reactions: Buntfly1
L

LoneWolf913

Yeah and at least on Lite-Ons it's usually one of a small handful of components that burn out, all fairly simple and cheap to replace. Once pics are posted it'll be a bit easier to tell, at least assuming something smoked/burned/etc. I've seen some that look mint and still don't work.

Buntfly1

Noob Account
Oct 2, 2012
I will post pics tomorrow since I am letting a friend borrow my hd camra but how do I check what mobo I have and how do I temp RGH? And I fried it when I plugged it in with the power on....

UPDATE: it seems like a small chip burned , ill post pics tomorrow.

UPDATE: The parts that are fried are the R207/R204 (R204 looks less fried than R207) Also my dash is the latest one... dont know if that changes anything.

Last edited:

dcloser11

Aug 24, 2012
resistors r207,r204 and r203 are just 0 ohm resistors used as fuses. you could use a blob of solder to bridge them or find a small resistor thats 0ohm or smd fuse and change them out. looks like you may have plugged the cable in upside down

Buntfly1

Noob Account
Oct 2, 2012
So connecting the 3 points with solder should fix my problem? Because the drive doesn't turn on at all.

Last edited:

dcloser11

Aug 24, 2012
dont bridge them as one big blob. bridge the resistors individually. unsolder them and then solder the 2 pads where they were.

Buntfly1

Noob Account
Oct 2, 2012
Ok thanks for the info but what do you mean by bridge them individually... im a noob... Do you mean I need to put solder over each resistor?

Last edited:

dcloser11

Aug 24, 2012
take a soldering iron and remove the burnt resistors one at a time. on each end of the resistor is going to be a pad where it was soldered to. make a blob of solder connect these 2 pads which creates a "bridge" of solder. when finished you should have 3 blobs of solder that replace the 3 resistors that used to be on the board

dcloser11

Aug 24, 2012
i need pics to see what kind of damage were talking here. if you mean a wire is present its most likely a trace. take a picture. lets see it

Buntfly1

Noob Account
Oct 2, 2012
Well I just soldered the resistor pads back on and everything works fine now!! Thanks everyone making me feel welcome on this forum and most of all thank you for your help!