SAMSUNG MS28 I have a samsung ms28drive spoofed as Lite On

B-B-Style

Noob Account
Oct 6, 2011
Hi

I tried to flash my samsung with Lt 2.0 and i sucseded,
but I read around this forum and found out that I need to buy a new Lite On driver,

I have bought a new LiteOn drive that,, how do I flash this new Lite On?
I have the USB Pro

I have tried but Can't get into vendor mode,, and which firmware in what order,, I gotta do a dashupgrade to.,.

Can someone post a guide how to do this all in a tutorial or give me a link were I can read how to do it

Last edited:

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Top Poster Of Month
Jul 7, 2010
At Home
What does JungleFlasher report your drive as?

Does it say "Spoofed as" anything at all?

labphone

Feb 23, 2011
Portugal
Have you followed the Jungle Flasher tut?

For LiteOn drives, you will need a probe to extract the key.
Since he already flashed lt2.0 to it´s sammy i suppose that he already has the dvd drive key, so he doesn´t need the probe, just needs to prepare the firmware for it´s lite on and manually spoof the key, he can easily put drive in vendor mode by clicking in erase(he doesn´t need the key from the lite on for nothing) and then write the firmware.
but he definitely should read the jungle flasher tutorial because it was done for some reason..

correct me if i´m wrong

Last edited:

labphone

Feb 23, 2011
Portugal
How did you determine you need a Liteon? and are you actually referring to an Xbox DVD drive, or an IHAS Liteon burner?
he talks about:
- spoof
- dashboard
- usbpro

for sure he´s talking about a x360 drive and not a lite on ihas burner, noone of this 3 items that i mentioned has to be with a ihas burner.

But i neither understand why he need´s to change into a lite on

It will be easier for us if you tell us

- what was the original drive that the console had
- why do you need to change into a lite on

My bet is that he bought the console and it came with a sammy spoofed as lite on, and he read that he cannot flash lt 3.0 spoofing it´s drive as a lite on since it´s not possible, so he´s doing the right thing, he´s buying the same type of drive that the console had originaly to flash LT3.0 and play xgd3 games :)

Last edited:

B-B-Style

Noob Account
Oct 6, 2011
he talks about:
- spoof
- dashboard
- usbpro

for sure he´s talking about a x360 drive and not a lite on ihas burner, noone of this 3 items that i mentioned has to be with a ihas burner.

But i neither understand why he need´s to change into a lite on

It will be easier for us if you tell us

- what was the original drive that the console had
- why do you need to change into a lite on

My bet is that he bought the console and it came with a sammy spoofed as lite on, and he read that he cannot flash lt 3.0 spoofing it´s drive as a lite on since it´s not possible, so he´s doing the right thing, he´s buying the same type of drive that the console had originaly to flash LT3.0 and play xgd3 games :)
Yes you are right..

Long time ago I gave it to someone to flash it and they gave me back the Lite on that was on it,, but then I thought I don't need it so I threw it away,,,

then I thought I can flash it my self,,
and when I was about to flash it with Xbox 360 Usb, it said Spoofed as lite on,,

I then read all over the internet I found that I have to get the original drive to play the newer games,

So I bought a new Lite On Driver,, but I dont know how to flash it,, I have the KEY but how do I put it in Manullay,,

It is not the same as just flashing the Samsung as I did and succeded to upgarde it,

I know need to know How do I use the KEY that I got and flash the Lite On driver with the newest Flash,,, I also need to upgrade the dashhboard i read somewhere to be able to Play the newer games..

B-B-Style

Noob Account
Oct 6, 2011
Since he already flashed lt2.0 to it´s sammy i suppose that he already has the dvd drive key, so he doesn´t need the probe, just needs to prepare the firmware for it´s lite on and manually spoof the key, he can easily put drive in vendor mode by clicking in erase(he doesn´t need the key from the lite on for nothing) and then write the firmware.
but he definitely should read the jungle flasher tutorial because it was done for some reason..

correct me if i´m wrong
Can I click the erase I read that you have to do it that way with Lite On,,

I'm not gonna destroy anything if I click that,, what do I do next,

I have read the JF tut, but it has nothing about my situation it only has how to do with normal driver no spoofing,, If this is somewhere in the Tut can you say which Page?

B-B-Style

Noob Account
Oct 6, 2011
Should I read the Tut of Samsung or Lite On,,, I have the KEY manually.....

Should I upgrade the Dashboard before flashing?

onedumblonde

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2011
Canadia
Which dash are you currently on? That will help determine which ofw to attach the key to.

Sent while driving dangerously using Tapatalk

B-B-Style

Noob Account
Oct 6, 2011
once you have ur dasboard sorted click on this link it will help u flash it!

http://www.team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66301

tip - once u get to step 7 click yes then turn ck3 off and on fast as u can within a second. noobs often go wrong here.;)
I have Dash 2.0.12611.0 on my new Lite On 74850C

I haven't done anything to it and I tried to update the dashboard with USB, it says Update Falied, Status Code: some numbers..

Do I have to flash the new Driver with the DVD Key, and then upgrade,, how do I flash the new Driver, what Firmware to flash with and how do I add the Key...

I have the key in a .txt file.. how do I use it.... and what do I choose as Source Firmware,, do I have to have a source Firmware
I have manged to get into Vendor Mode chosing lite on Erase,, Now which fireware should I use LiteOn Pre_1341 ??? and which one there are 4 with orig-74850C type,

I have managed to upgrade the dashboard flashing it with stockfirmware pre_13141, and orig-74850C-1a000.bin

Now should I just flash the newest firmware with the DVD key,, what should I use as Source Firmware,, Do i need a source firmware???

I did the same thing and flashed LTPlus-0251-v3.0.bin as target firmware with no source, spoofed the Key manually and it works playing fifa 12 before I couldn't does it mean I have succeded??

Last edited:

hilly360

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2011
DURHAM, North East. UK
source should be dummy bin or drivekey

target should be LT firmware

click spoof. then follow tut in link i gave u.

if fifa12 is a backup game disc of your original then sounds like u done it. but try a XGD3 disc to make sure.

plz read below :) lol.....