I little direction for updating to 15574

xbiggyl

Oct 8, 2012
Beirut, LB
I know opening a new thread for a question that has been probably asked a million times is not welcomed, but please understand that the massive number of posts and information available have made me a little confused. So please accept my apologies beforehand.. I have expertise in mobile modding and hacking but none in console.

Here's my issue.

I purchased a hacked XBOX 360 Slim 250GB from a computer shop. After failing to play a game and doing a little research, I learned that I need to update the "hack"

I tried contacting the owner of the shop, he has no idea whatsoever.
I researched the method I found out that I should update to v15574.

However I couldn't find a tutorial that directs me step by step on how to do that (starting from whether my hack is rgh or jtag, how to get my CPU key, motherboard type, drive type, install XEXMenu, flash360,where to download the latest software/files etc..)

In other words, from the perspective of someone who knows that his xbox360 already has been hacked (hardware wise. Wires been soldered etc..) And if I turn on the console with eject button, it goes into a bios-like/blue custom bootloader; but has not idea on what to do next in order to update to v15574, how to I proceed from there?

I would really appreciate any help. And if my post is irrelevant I apologize.

I know opening a new thread for a question that has been probably asked a million times is not welcomed, but please understand that the massive number of posts and information available have made me a little confused. So please accept my apologies beforehand.. I have expertise in mobile modding and hacking but none in console.

Here's my issue.

I purchased a hacked XBOX 360 Slim 250GB from a computer shop. After failing to play a game and doing a little research, I learned that I need to update the "hack"

I tried contacting the owner of the shop, he has no idea whatsoever.
I researched the method I found out that I should update to v15574.

However I couldn't find a tutorial that directs me step by step on how to do that (starting from whether my hack is rgh or jtag, how to get my CPU key, motherboard type, drive type, install XEXMenu, flash360,where to download the latest software/files etc..)

In other words, from the perspective of someone who knows that his xbox360 already has been hacked (hardware wise. Wires been soldered etc..) And if I turn on the console with eject button, it goes into a bios-like/blue custom bootloader; but has not idea on what to do next in order to update to v15574, how to I proceed from there?

I would really appreciate any help. And if my post is irrelevant I apologize.

if the guy who did the install doesnt have a clue then he shouldnt be doing the installs lol.

if it come with the 250g hdd he should of put you FSD and xex menu on there for you,as you will use them quite alot.

did he give you your origonal nand dumps and cpu key??

xbiggyl

Oct 8, 2012
Beirut, LB
Im from Lebanon and I doubt that he had done the hack himself. He had probably gotten it from abroad.

I have no information such as CPU key, nor do I have the original band.

I hope that doesn't complicate things a lot, does it?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

xbiggyl

Oct 8, 2012
Beirut, LB
Ill make things easier, say I was able to get xexmenu and my CPU key, how do I continue from here?

pengekcs

BANNED
Mar 1, 2010
EU
You have the RGH installed as JTAG is not possible on slims.
I suggest you first start your machine by touching the jeect button, wait till it boots up - you should be greeted witha 'XELL Reloaded' scree, wait till it 'boots up' and at the end of the text you should see a 'CPU key': ..... line. Take note of the CPU key which is unique per console. Next, reboot the machine, now with the power button. You should have FSD or xexmenu on it. Google 'simple 360 nand flasher v1.1' put it onto a pendrive, and launch it from fsd. Make a dump (X key if I am right, it will put it onto the screen) of your current nand. With these 2 things (cpu key and nand dump) you will be able to update your machine. Also have a look at Jrunner. You will need to open the nand dump in it, enter your cpu key (check if it says cpu key is correct) then create a new RGH dash for 15574, and install it via the above program (simple nand flasher) or xell reloaded. The Jrunner tutorial which comes with the application will have the details, and this should be enough for a start. Good luck and prepare to read a bit :)

Reactions: capsone and xbiggyl

xbiggyl

Oct 8, 2012
Beirut, LB
You have the RGH installed as JTAG is not possible on slims.
I suggest you first start your machine by touching the jeect button, wait till it boots up - you should be greeted witha 'XELL Reloaded' scree, wait till it 'boots up' and at the end of the text you should see a 'CPU key': ..... line. Take note of the CPU key which is unique per console. Next, reboot the machine, now with the power button. You should have FSD or xexmenu on it. Google 'simple 360 nand flasher v1.1' put it onto a pendrive, and launch it from fsd. Make a dump (X key if I am right, it will put it onto the screen) of your current nand. With these 2 things (cpu key and nand dump) you will be able to update your machine. Also have a look at Jrunner. You will need to open the nand dump in it, enter your cpu key (check if it says cpu key is correct) then create a new RGH dash for 15574, and install it via the above program (simple nand flasher) or xell reloaded. The Jrunner tutorial which comes with the application will have the details, and this should be enough for a start. Good luck and prepare to read a bit :)
This exactly what I was looking for. Ty:)

xbiggyl

Oct 8, 2012
Beirut, LB
Just one question before I flash the image. I would like you to check the process I have done and kindly tell me whether it is correct.

After Dumping my nand and getting my CPU key,
I Ran Jrunner, chose the the dump from "source" entered my CPU Key.
Chose my motherboard type (trinity).
Chose the dash v15574
Chose Glitch
Clicked on create image.

A new folder was created in the jRunner folder. It contains:
-cpukey.txt
-KV_Info.txt
-updflash(anumber).bin.log
-updflash.bin

Now as I understand, I have to copy these files to my usb pendrive and flash "updflash.bin" using simple nand flasher?
Is that correct?

But, the JRunner tutorial says the following: "copy the Nandflash.bin and Xenon.elf to a USB stick – put into xbox and boot it"
However, the file created is called updflash.bin and not Nandflash.bin, and there is no Xenon.elf. Does this matter?

And one last thing, when I place the bin in the USB pendrive, do I need to rename it to a specific name or place it in a specific folder in order for simple nand flasher to recognize it?

Last edited:

xbiggyl

Oct 8, 2012
Beirut, LB
No.

I put the updflash.bin in the root of my pendrive.
Booted into xell
It flashed.

Should I redo it? If so, do I have to create an new nand dump?

Last edited:

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
Just build another from the source NAND but remember to tick the option for dashlaunch patches.

Either that or you can get the dashlaunch installer, which IMHO is a LOT more work than just ticking a box.

I'm assuming the update worked at least?

Reactions: xbiggyl

xbiggyl

Oct 8, 2012
Beirut, LB
When I flashed it without the dashlauncher, I tried testing my Internet connection and it succeeded.
After reflashing with dashlauncher it didn't.

May I ask what does dashlauncher do?

Last edited:

xbiggyl

Oct 8, 2012
Beirut, LB
I'm wondering, would I be able to access the internet if my xbox360 is rgh hacked and if so is there any setting that I should have.
Also would I be get a ban from xbox live?

Utmad

VIP Member
Aug 15, 2010
Southampton, UK
yes you will get banned with an rgh console trying to connect to live, this is one of the features of dash launch to stop you accidently connecting to xbox live but still allowing an internet connection for cover downloads etc.

Last edited:

xbiggyl

Oct 8, 2012
Beirut, LB
EDIT: I do not have FSD or Dashlaunch installed. I only have XEXMenu. Do I have to install those?

I apologize for asking so many questions.

Here's what happened. When I flashed the update, and booted, it asked me to test my connection, I did, it tested ok, then it froze.
I rebooted, and now cannot connect to the internet, nor can I launch FIFA13 (the game).

Did I do anything wrong?

Last edited:

xbiggyl

Oct 8, 2012
Beirut, LB
My XBOX had rgh hack, it had Xell installed, but nothing else (no XEX nor FSD)

Here's what I've done step by step:
- installed XEX
- Created a dump of my nand
- used the nand in Jrunner
- ticked dashlaunch patches.
- created an image (with CPU KEY and type of motherboard, and chose rgh and 15574)
- flashed the updflash.bin
- when I booted I was prompted to test my internet. it connected to the internet, but when it was testing a connection with XBOX Live, it froze, I rebooted.
- Tried to run the Game FIFA13, it doesn't work (it works on my friend's rgh xbox)

Did I miss anything? did I do anything wrong?

reiad

BANNED
Feb 25, 2011
jordan
xbiggyl انا عندي خبره ممتازه في اي اشي بمجال اكس بوكس وحاب افيد اي شخص في هدا المنتدى

بس مش عارف اتواصل معهم لانو اللغه النجليزيه عندي ضعيفه وانا بتمنى اخدم هدا المنتدى باي وسيله بعرفها وشكرا للجميع

siren215

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
XBOX :P
Yeah you tried connecting to live which is absolute NO NO when you are on rgh! Flash your earlier image without dashlaunch. Download dashlaunch and fsd and extract it and put it on a flash drive. Open up that flash drive and run the setup of fsd! Tick the option to install dashlaunch during setup. Its fairly easy and you will understand onscreen instructions!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
Yeah you tried connecting to live which is absolute NO NO when you are on rgh! Flash your earlier image without dashlaunch. Download dashlaunch and fsd and extract it and put it on a flash drive. Open up that flash drive and run the setup of fsd! Tick the option to install dashlaunch during setup. Its fairly easy and you will understand onscreen instructions!

He has dashlaunch installed already if he ticked the option. The launch.ini file is entirely optional.

Reactions: xbiggyl and reiad

siren215

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
XBOX :P
He told his box is freezing up and he tried connecting to live. Is he banned then?

xbiggyl

Oct 8, 2012
Beirut, LB
My Xbox is no longer freezing. But I cannot connect to the internet nor play copied game.
I ticked the option of dashlauch in jrunner but did not install fsd manually.
Do I need fsd?
My friend has an rgh Xbox and he can play that same game and he connect to the net
I checked my dash version and it is updated to 15574. But I think im missing something.
I checked to see whether im banned, and it turned im not.
Im at a loss!

(Btw my friend's Xbox, when powered on using eject, it doesn't go into cell. Also his "home" screen is different than mine. I hope these "hints" would help)

Thank u in advance