RGH I need help with installation of Chip CoolRunner Rev C. Trinity or Zephyr!!

xXBRob

Noob Account
Nov 30, 2015
Hi I would like someone help me with the installation of chip CoolRunner Rev C. for Trinity plate or zephyr, and I have the chip and NAND x :)

Since I have experience in welding and know a little about it, soo I need some concrete help for installation.

Thanks!!

GeekHeat

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2013
lancashire
All images for solder points are in j-runner.
I doubt u will get a zephyr to boot unless it's rgh1 and then its still hit n miss. Revc works well with a trinity though.
Welding and soldering is totally different.
I've seen a few installs that look like they have been weldered by the way.lol.

Last edited:

Fender1967

Oct 11, 2015
Well,for a start off.You don't wanna go getting your MIG or TAC welder out for a job like this lolol,a nice 15-20watt soldering iron will be perfect.
To use a Rev C in a Trinity,just go with RGH1.2 (much faster boots times than the older RGH2 method)
You will also need either a Nand-X programmer or a J-Runner Programmer to perform all the tasks of reading/dumping your consoles Nand,then getting "Xell" wrote to the Nand to get your CPU key,then programming the Rev C with the fastest timing file (their are many too choose from,so program 1 at a time to the Rev C chip and see what boots "Xell" the fastest)
Then your gonna want to create then flash your built hacked dashboard to the Nand.
Ace v3 work so much better in Trinity boards with RGH1.2,so head over to Team360.com and check out their forums,loads of great useful information and help over there,matey

Reactions: xXBRob

Nintendo

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2014
Spain
Well,for a start off.You don't wanna go getting your MIG or TAC welder out for a job like this lolol,a nice 15-20watt soldering iron will be perfect.
To use a Rev C in a Trinity,just go with RGH1.2 (much faster boots times than the older RGH2 method)
You will also need either a Nand-X programmer or a J-Runner Programmer to perform all the tasks of reading/dumping your consoles Nand,then getting "Xell" wrote to the Nand to get your CPU key,then programming the Rev C with the fastest timing file (their are many too choose from,so program 1 at a time to the Rev C chip and see what boots "Xell" the fastest)
Then your gonna want to create then flash your built hacked dashboard to the Nand.
Ace v3 work so much better in Trinity boards with RGH1.2,so head over to Team360.com and check out their forums,loads of great useful information and help over there,matey
I'd love to see RGH1.2 working on a trinity. BTW; get a CR4, so you don't need to mess with wire lenghts or timing files and it's plug and play!

GeekHeat

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2013
lancashire
U are going to confuse the OP Fender1967.
There is no rgh1.2 for trinity. Rgh1.2 is for phats only.
For trinity rev c works well with rgh2. Just use the longest blue wire(cpu_rst wire) and wrap it around the heatsinks. Just 1 timing file in j-runner for trinity.
Plenty of tutorials on rev c working well in trinity's.
If u want support on here though u will need a genuine coolrunner chip. Fakes/clones are not supported and most coolrunners out there are fakes/clones now. Except for the cr4.

Fender1967

Oct 11, 2015
do you mean srgh becasue rgh1.2 if for phat only.
Yes,your correct.I'm really sorry to the OP,my Trinity is RGH'd using the SRGH timing files but not with a TX glitch chip though.As i found the old rev B and rev C to be far too slow on the old RGH2 method.I ended up buying another brand chip and wired it up,then tested each SRGH timing file till i found the one with the sweet spot,my Trinity boots every single time in around 4-5 seconds.That's booting to either Xell or Dash

xXBRob

Noob Account
Nov 30, 2015
Thanks to all!! Very good views, if they can help me with images and links would be good welds, while I will continue investigating the matter. :)

Titanfreak736

BANNED
Oct 19, 2014
Actually you can rgh 1.2 a zephyr if it has a canadian cpu same with xenon