I need some help determining if my ck3 probe v3 is broken

NateSS415

Nov 7, 2013
Orbiting the Sun
Here is my problem, I ordered a ck3 probe v3 and received it without any trouble. The problem occurred when I set everything up and was plugging my dvd drive into my x360pro v2. When I plugged the probe into the drive the green light on the probe itself dissappeared and also the on on the usbpro v2. Then after a couple seconds I started to smell something burning and I then unplugged everything.

To me this sounds like it is defective but idk. Any help would be great.

J

justice10

I would send it back sound like something got shorted out does it work at all did u maybe plug it n wrong way or touch something with it while it had power

NateSS415

Nov 7, 2013
Orbiting the Sun
I checked that everything was plugged in the right way and it was, but everything would turn on until I plugged it into the drive. But the drive still works and that isn't defective so I'm assuming its just defective.

xzanox

VIP Member
Nov 1, 2011
Netherlands, 1336
You plugged the power cord upside down. You can't send it back if so, because your warranty will not count if the device becomes defective by misuse of the owner.

For me, when I use my probe and cord, the correct way to plug everything is with the green colored side of the wires UP. That way the plug fits and it's easy to remember. You should check always very careful how you setup your equipment.

Post a few close up pics on how you setup and plugged everything .

J

justice10

like xzanox says plug it in the way he sayn and u shouldn't have to force it in it should fit snuggley in hopefully it still works goodluck

J

justice10

have u tried ur probe I would see if it works theres a fuse in it see if its blown/ see if u can read/ write

Last edited:

NateSS415

Nov 7, 2013
Orbiting the Sun
This is what it looks like without it plugged into the drive. Then when plugged into the drive the probe light turns off and same with the x360 pro light aswell

Attachments

Last edited:
J

justice10

so it looks like it works the light comes on go ahead and try to flash it

scott1503

VIP Member
Jul 21, 2012
Harrogate, North Yorkshire , uk
So that I understand this properly the probe lites up when not attached to the drive but when attached to the drive it shows no sign of power ? In which case I would guess at a drive issue and not a probe issue .just noticed something unless my probe cable is different (which I doubt as both are tx cables) then you have plugged the drive side of the cable in upside down and probably fried your drive . I would remove the screws and check the drive pcb for damage

Last edited:
J

justice10

stop don't do anything else to it put in a service request so some1 can take long at it maybe fix it 4 ya

NateSS415

Nov 7, 2013
Orbiting the Sun
image.jpgimage.jpgEverything looks fine but I'm almost positive this is how the wires should look but what do I know, plus this is the way the tabs go in on the side of the cable

scott1503

VIP Member
Jul 21, 2012
Harrogate, North Yorkshire , uk
stop don't do anything else to it put in a service request so some1 can take long at it maybe fix it 4 ya
Do you ever actually post anything of any use apart from request a service the last 3 post of yours have all said the same thing if I didn't know any better I would say your trying to get your post count up to become VIP to accept these services in the future