I need some help determining if my ck3 probe v3 is broken

NateSS415

Nov 7, 2013
Orbiting the Sun
Well I'm just have to see what happens when the new one comes in. Also I'm going to go get my cousins xbox which has a flashed beng vad 6038 I think which I flashed about a month ago an see if its just my drive.

J

justice10

common sense tells u if its smoking when he put it in to stop 4 he damage it even more so that's y I said put in a service request if hes unsure what to do to save his drive

Taijigamer2

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2013
England
Do you ever actually post anything of any use apart from request a service the last 3 post of yours have all said the same thing if I didn't know any better I would say your trying to get your post count up to become VIP to accept these services in the future
Lol. Shrewd business plan :tongue:.

NateSS415

Nov 7, 2013
Orbiting the Sun
Is there anyway that I can switch the drives from one xbox to another or would I still need the DVD key from the lite on if I say wanted to switch it out for the benq?

NateSS415

Nov 7, 2013
Orbiting the Sun
Ok guys so I've been doing a little research and it looks to be the my cable must have been assembled baqckwards or something, what I'm trying to say is that the green cable has to be facing down to be plugged in all the way when it should be facing up like some of the pictures I've seen online.

xzanox

VIP Member
Nov 1, 2011
Netherlands, 1336
Yes in like 4 hours but here is a pic of it plugged in, the drive is facing upwards and the cable is plugged on the only way I can put it fully.
This is what ment yes, in my case when the drive is standing normal way, the green wires are facing up also. on your picture the red wires are...

BUT: ill be honest, I have two cable sets with the switch (one from the ck3 probe 3 and one from the sputnik probe) and I'm only using the probe 3 cables since ive noticed the plug from the Sputnik cable set made the red wires be on top...just for my own peace of mind I kept using the green side up cable set to be sure, even if I can't imagine a factory mistake, but you never know. I wasn't feeling for a fried pcb just because I had to try it with the red wires up since I've always done it with the green wires up. But then again, I don't know if it makes any difference which color is up as long as the connector is plugged in the right way??

NateSS415

Nov 7, 2013
Orbiting the Sun
So do u think I could like cut the clips on the side of the cable so I can switch the way I put them in or should I just wait for the new one to come in, btw the seller doesn't want the old one back so I'm basically getting a new one for free lol

Last edited:

xzanox

VIP Member
Nov 1, 2011
Netherlands, 1336
So do u think I could like cut the clips on the side of the cable so I can switch the way I put them in or should I just wait for the new one to come in, btw the seller doesn't want the old one back so I'm basically getting a new one for free lol
No, dont cut anything.

Post a picture of the connector plug (probe side). This way we can see if the plug is connected the correct way,

Fact remains that the smelling something burned means something went wrong plugging or power wise.

You can always send the broken one to me, I'll pay you postage. Lol

NateSS415

Nov 7, 2013
Orbiting the Sun
No, dont cut anything.

Post a picture of the connector plug (probe side). This way we can see if the plug is connected the correct way,

Fact remains that the smelling something burned means something went wrong plugging or power wise.

You can always send the broken one to me, I'll pay you postage. Lol
well the drive is fine and it doesn't need repair but ill post some pics when I get home