JTAG I need some help

noelgarcia14

Noob Account
Mar 23, 2015
OK so I am completely new to this but i decided I wanted to start JTAGing, so i have all the tools for soldering and taking apart the xbox and all that but I am missing the actual programming and flashing tools.

I have figured out i have a Corona V1 and two V3 that i would like to work on, after reading a few tutorials I have figured out that the best method would be to RGH using a V3 QSB with coolrunner and then if possible DemoN for a double nand. As I said I am new so tell me if I am wrong on this.

I have seen that the easiest way of doing it is to get the RGH Team Xecuter kit, but I have tried tried the links in the were to buy section of the Team Xecuter website and they are out of stock, and then I try to look for the separate parts and I see links with the picture of the programmer for like 10 bucks but it says it only includes the cable so I have no clue what i would be getting. If someone can please tell me where I can buy the kit, or otherwise each part separately i would really appreciate it.

Also i have seen a lot of tutorials where they use Phat instead of Slims, are they better for JTAG or its just because the slims are newer?

Dadko

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2015
Hello

First of all, do you have any experiece with soldering? If not, i highly recommend to start practicing on some dead boards. Some of the pads are really tiny. It may be tricky for beginner.

For slim consoles you'll need to use rgh2 method. Not jtag. First of all you will need to buy TX JR-P programmer, to read NAND. ( For 4gb consoles you'll need TX 4gb NAND R/W kit) it includes everything you'll need.
Some glitch chip. Fastest available glitcher is CR4 XL.

Joo C

VIP Member
Dec 2, 2011
South Africa
It also helps if you let us know where you're based - modders in that region may be able to assist or point you in the right direction...

MTWallet

VIP Member
Sep 27, 2013
Austin, TX
Also i have seen a lot of tutorials where they use Phat instead of Slims, are they better for JTAG or its just because the slims are newer?
Phat and slim refer to the type of xbox. The older "fat" ones or the new slim ones. Trinity and all corona versions are slim. If you are referring to the DemoN, then you have to buy the one that is specific to your type of xbox. DemoN's for Trinity are hard to come by these days. Also, regarding phat and slim, after a good deal of conversation in another thread, the general opinion of those who work on these alot seems to be that Jasper Phats are the most reliable xbox models for longevity.

Last edited:

noelgarcia14

Noob Account
Mar 23, 2015
Thanks for the info, I do have some experience with soldering so that wont be an issue but the rest of the information is very helpful. I found the jr programer, but now I am looking for the right qsb board which am am guessing needs to go with coolrunner. About the glitching board i am somewhat sonfused since i went into modchipcentral and the CR4 XL is said to be a DemoN so if somebody could clear that out for me it would be awsome.

nofeloniesyet

VIP Member
Jan 16, 2011
Nowhere
Thanks for the info, I do have some experience with soldering so that wont be an issue but the rest of the information is very helpful. I found the jr programer, but now I am looking for the right qsb board which am am guessing needs to go with coolrunner. About the glitching board i am somewhat sonfused since i went into modchipcentral and the CR4 XL is said to be a DemoN so if somebody could clear that out for me it would be awsome.
if you plan to use a demon you wont need a nand programmer,as demon does this for you.cr4 is simply a glitch device,to
use a demon u need both demon and a cr4.

Last edited: