RGH I'd like to downgrade my xbox 360 dashboard

spamhater160

Noob Account
May 30, 2015
I am a total noob to console hacking but I am eager to learn. I have an xBox 360 Premium from 2007 and I would like to downgrade the terrible excuse for a dashboard it has on it (Metro). Anyway, I've heard the best way to do this is to RGH the console but my question is what do I do after that and what dashes can I use?

Thank you,
Nathan

Krafter

VIP Member
Apr 17, 2011
Indiana
If you downgrade you'll lose the ability to play games that require the higher dashboards. You'll also lose Xbox Live with a RGH and lower dashes.

Last edited:

spamhater160

Noob Account
May 30, 2015
All of my games are from before 2010 and I was hoping to downgrade to NXE. I also don't have any friends on xbox live as well as having another console for live.

Krafter

VIP Member
Apr 17, 2011
Indiana
A very strange reason to RGH but yes, if that's what you want then RGH and build a Xebuild for what ever dash you want.

spamhater160

Noob Account
May 30, 2015
That's my problem. Like I said, I'm a total noob so I don't know how to do that exactly. I don't even know where to start.

Krafter

VIP Member
Apr 17, 2011
Indiana
You have to have good soldering skills first and foremost. You also need a glitch chip such as a CR4 and a SPI flasher to write custom firmware to the console (JR Programmer). There is all kinds of info on this site that will guide you through the install but unfortunately there isn't an all in one guide.

Overall you'll need
* a glitch chip
* a way to read/write firmware to the internal NAND.
* JR-Programmer app as the interface for read/write.
* good soldering skills.
* The ability to research answers for your questions via Google.

Last edited:

spamhater160

Noob Account
May 30, 2015
You have to have good soldering skills first and foremost. You also need a glitch chip such as a CR4 and a SPI flasher to write custom firmware to the console. There is all kinds of info on this site that will guide you through the install but unfortunately there isn't an all in one guide.

Overall you'll need
* a glitch chip
* a way to read/write firmware to the internal NAND.
* JR-Programmer app as the interface for read/write.
* good soldering skills.
* The ability to research answers for your questions via Google.
Okay that sounds way too complicated for me so I now shift to just getting the Freestyle dash and have someone else RGH it. How would I get FreeStyle after it is RGHed?

Krafter

VIP Member
Apr 17, 2011
Indiana
Okay that sounds way too complicated for me so I now shift to just getting the Freestyle dash and have someone else RGH it. How would I get FreeStyle after it is RGHed?
FSD is just software that can be installed after the RGH. Very easy to do compared to the RGH process itself. I suggest you post a thread in the looking for service section and have someone do it all for you.

Reactions: spamhater160

Krafter

VIP Member
Apr 17, 2011
Indiana
Depends on the hardware used. A CR4 is the best option but there are other options that will lower the price. A CR4 will cost around $30 to $40 and you'll have about that same price for the install. Total your probably looking at $60 to $80 with shipping back to you.

nofeloniesyet

VIP Member
Jan 16, 2011
Nowhere
65 with shipping back ,include a hard drive with it and ill load f3 and xexmenu and a few other apps (assuming your in the usa) if needed drop me an email. [email protected]

Reactions: spamhater160