GENERAL IMGBURN Settings

gibi310

Feb 2, 2011
Inglewood, CA
I looked around but couldn't find a clear answer so I'm going to post my question.
I know that in order to burn XGD3 games, you need to set the layer break at calculate optimal and untick perform OPC for 2.4x writing.
My problem is that the second window to truncate doesn't pop up. Am i doing something wrong?
when i go to the second page of writing, i notice it gives me the option to choose truncate as the default burning method, do i choose that?

BTW, I'm using ImgBurn 2.5.6.0
Any help would be appreciated.

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Top Poster Of Month
Jul 7, 2010
Colne, Lancashire (UK)
See this thread, download and read the tutorial. Truncating the discs isn't safe and doesn't give you a 100% burn, around 3% of data from the discs is missing which is why we now have a custom firmware for specific dual layer burners :).

RROD!

VIP Member
Apr 13, 2011
To tell you the truth you need to look at a pc dvd burner liteon drive with burner max cfw to do proper xgd3 backups there is lots of posts on here telling you all about it buddy if there is anything else give a shout il try to help:wink:
Blakey beat me to it lol

Last edited:

gibi310

Feb 2, 2011
Inglewood, CA
Thanx, that's exactly what I did. I was just getting confused because I thought i remember reading somewhere else that a new window will pop up and i had to choose truncate, but the tutorial cleared it up.

---------- Post added at 20:42 ---------- Previous post was at 20:40 ----------

To tell you the truth you need to look at a pc dvd burner liteon drive with burner max cfw to do proper xgd3 backups there is lots of posts on here telling you all about it buddy if there is anything else give a shout il try to help:wink:

I already have my Lite-On with C4's CFW, i was just confused about the new burning method.
Just to double check, any prior burned XGD3 games, such as NBA 2K12, have to be re-burned with the new drive?

RROD!

VIP Member
Apr 13, 2011
Yer think you will need to re-burn any xgd3 backups you have also there is a tut in the Cfw file that you downloaded for the liteon telling you how to burn your backups hope this helps

gibi310

Feb 2, 2011
Inglewood, CA
Yer think you will need to re-burn any xgd3 backups you have also there is a tut in the Cfw file that you downloaded for the liteon telling you how to burn your backups hope this helps
Thanx, for clearing that up.
When burning non-XGD3 to i set the layerbreak or will that come into play on its own with calculate optimal setting?

And one last question, (sorry for the bother), I followed the CFW tutorial for the Lite-on to the T, is there anyway to double check if II did it right?

RROD!

VIP Member
Apr 13, 2011
Well till there is a update for abgx you will have to set the bracklayer for the xgd2 as for checking if you flashed fine the app should have showed when it finished the flash and if the drive burns and runs fine then there is not much to worry about just have fun

---------- Post added at 05:00 ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 ----------

Also make sure after you flash to power off you pc and not just a restart