I'm running 2.9.3. Nintendo firmware is 9.1. I am using emmunand, it is stored on the sd filesystem.
As an example:
- I boot on sxos and select the cfw
- I have a cartridge of Lego Harry Potter. I put it in the dedicated slot.
- When I click on the game it states I cannot play it because it has to download stuff from the internet (my wife is currently playing it so I can't share the exact errorcode, will do later)
To be able to play this game I then have to stop the console then restart it using the regular firmware (no jig usage etc). And when I do, it doesn't tell me i need to download anything.
For the record, I havn't set 90dns or anything. So when I'm using the regular firmware it can connect to nintendo servers if it needs to, and that might make the difference for this game i guess...
Yesterday evening I found out one thing though: I do not experience this behavior with Zelda breath of the wild (which has a 1.1 version, not sure if it's related but that means it has files on the drive already i guess).
All this now leads me to think that it's related to the stealth mode, and not to the usage or not of a cartridge.
So i just made the test:
- i start sx os to the cfw, with emunand enabled (emunand has partitioned the sd, but i did the same test before with the emunand files set onto the sd card)
- i insert the cartridge for Lego Harry Potter (it's already installed and played before i even tried to install sx os on the console)
- i click on the game tile
- it pops out a message telling me some files can't be found and need to be downloaded. It asks if I want to start it anyways or to download the files.
- I click to start it as is (without downloading files), but then it pops out another popup stating data has to be downloaded and i can only click on "Cancel" or "Download".
Obviously i won't click on download, especially because I'm set to use stealth mode.
Now, if I shutdown the console, then start it on the regular fw, i am able to start that same game without having to download anything.
The game was installed before I actually created the emunand, so I suspect it would be in the same state, no? Anyways, it's version 1.0 on both.
Also, yesterday i noticed that the mario kart 8 deluxe i have installed on the ofw doesn't appear when i boot the cfw. From what you're telling me above, i supposed it's expected, as it was installed from the official eshop after i had built the emunand, right?