SAMSUNG MS25 incompatible mobo chipset

nttknwn44

Noob Account
Oct 22, 2018
Hello,

So I'm having issues with JungleFlasher detecting my drive because of my onboard chipset being incompatible.
And my problem is that I have PCI-E slots, so how would I connect a via chipset?
If it's not possible with via chipset to PCI-E slot, then would a JMB363 chipset work fine with Samsung MS25?

nttknwn44

Noob Account
Oct 22, 2018
Get yourself an x360usb pro v2
Thank you. I will have a look at that one. I would only be using it one time tho.

Another problem is that I'm unsure if this drive would be good enough for making game backups

iHAS 124-14 FU

Think it'll be ok?

Last edited:

troubletall

Noob Account
Dec 5, 2018
Worcester, UK
I've had same problem with VIA (chipsets) I used to flash these drives myself several years ago just for fun using the (hillbilly) home made probe method but the newer mobos have things that need turning in the bios or changing so that the VIA controllers recognise the hardware it's a pain in the ass unless you have an older mobo even with the right sata via connection, I've just bought a second hand x360usb pro v2 (literally yesterday) to do what your looking at doing (a one off) you can resell it after & recoup your money but I'm keeping mine as they are rare as rocking horse sh*t to find second hand now I only paid £30 for it too with the probe v5
As for the iHas that model your referring to does have the overburn but if memory serves me you need to flash the f/w of the drive if it hasn't already been done, personally I wouldn't buy one that needs it doing, if you do a quick search of Google you will find compatible iHas drives for this purpose

Support Our Sponsors