Install NSPs larger than 4GB on FAT32

djcraze90

Feb 2, 2016
Hello,

Can I split up the NSPs into multiple files and install them with SXOS? If so, what's the naming convention? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

I don't want to use exFAT. I don't want to use exFAT on an external HD. I don't want to use a network install with Tinfoil. I just want to know if SXOS can install an NSP from split files and if so, what naming convention do I use?

I would say I could infer it, but emunand is stored as 'name.[XX].bin', and XCIs are installed as 'name.xc[X]' so the conventions are obviously not standardized.

Thanks!

tokyo

The Panda
VIP Member
Sep 9, 2018
Bamboo Forest
I wanted to weigh in on this. There is a easier way of installing larger NSP games on a FAT32 microSD without splitting your NSPs.

What you will need:
  1. Nintendo Switch Dock
  2. Flash drive formated as exFAT
Copy your large NSP games to your exFAT flash drive. Boot up SX OS and Dock your switch. Insert your flash drive on the side of the Dock. Navigate into the “Album App” and install your games onto your microSD card which is formated as FAT32.

I did this the other night with zero issues.

Hope this helps you all.

ObsidianLion

Noob Account
Feb 5, 2019
Dubai
I wanted to weigh in on this. There is a easier way of installing larger NSP games on a FAT32 microSD without splitting your NSPs.

What you will need:
  1. Nintendo Switch Dock
Copy your large NSP games to your exFAT flash drive. Boot up SX OS and Dock your switch. Insert your flash drive on the side of the Dock. Navigate into the “Album App” and install your games onto your microSD card which is formated as FAT32.

Hope this helps you all.
Thank you so much for this man. Here I thought I would have to commit to splitting all games forever. You made my day.

Reactions: tokyo

nraudigy2

Noob Account
Jan 16, 2019
Texas
That will work too. Another way is get USB C to USB cable, then you won’t need to dock. Flashdrive and 2.5” hard drive or SSD works as well.

Stealphie

Noob Account
Sep 11, 2019
Rio Grande do Sul

What you will need:
  1. Nintendo Switch Dock

Hope this helps you all.
boi
i need some help
where do i place the NSP or XCI?
and NRO works this way as well?
Thanks!

Rayburt

Noob Account
Sep 15, 2019
Canada
im having the same issue. i dont understand how to fix it, do i name my nsp file like this? NS0.nsp then NS1.nsp and so on, then copy that into the sd card root?