Installed Chip But No Bios Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

eMoneyGraphix

Aug 1, 2011
So far I have soldered a Xecuter 2.6 on a Xbox v1.6 and all of the led lights on the Xecuter chip are on ,however when I boot my xbox the XBOX logo still says Microsoft underneath it and continues on to go to my XBMC soft modded dashboard. So I was going to use the flash bio disk but I'm not sure that this the next step I'm suppose to take. From the tutorials I read it seems like I'm suppose to be directed to a FlashBios Setup screen once I successfully install the chip and I do not get that so I am confused.Also when I try to boot the xbox without any DVD drive or hard drive it directs me to error 7. Sorry to post so many noob questions here but I just wanted to get confirmation before proceeding with more expermintal procedure to my xbox. Any help is appreciated.

eMoneyGraphix

Aug 1, 2011
Oh okay I did remember looking at the d0 connection and wanting to resolder it. :facepalm:
Well hopefully that will be the answer to my problem, what a relief it would be. I will be uploading a picture of the progress in about 4 to 5 hours from now. Currently I am away from my xbox but just to verify this. Once I resolder the wire successfully then I should be directed to the new dashboard or bios screen?:D

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
Yeah, the D0 once grounded will force the console to read from the LPC (where your chip is connected.). If there are any problems after resoldering the D0 (like 3x reboot and FRAG) it'll be something else amiss.

eMoneyGraphix

Aug 1, 2011
damn. I just re solder the d0 wire and i'm still getting the error 7. I do have pictures now so I hope this could clear things up.

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
Do me a favour and desolder the d0 wire. Get another piece of wire and solder it to the D0 point and put the other end on a ground point on the board (a screw hold collar will do).

Let me know what happens when you boot up like this.

eMoneyGraphix

Aug 1, 2011
the screw hold collars on my mother board don't seem to be made of copper I attempted to solder the end of the new wire I attached on the d0 and when i try to solder the end of the wire to the screw hold collar it doesn't seem to stick it just sort of slides off. I also see these random little copper dots with some type of silver dot in the middle is it that thing? Thank you for the assistance by the way I really appreciate it.

eMoneyGraphix

Aug 1, 2011
Okay so I used more soldering material it seems to have sticked onto the board and I launched the xbox once more and I still am getting the 07 error. So what shall I do next?

TilVl

VIP Member
May 11, 2011
Error 7 is something wrong with the hard drive. Not sure about Xecuter 2.6 did you check the bank switch?(Not sure if it has one)

eMoneyGraphix

Aug 1, 2011
I've tried almost all of the possibly combinations of options on the switch. I've tried using Bank 1 and 2. I have also tried using Flash Protect on and off and also Mod Chip on and Off. None of the options have enabled the mod chip to boot. As for error 7 it only occurs when I don't have the hard drive inserted but if the mod chip is installed correctly it shouldn't need the hard drive to boot. At least this is what I understood from the tutorials so far so correct me if I'm wrong.

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
Therefore your D0 point on the rebuild PCB is not soldered properly. You have the pad on the rebuild PCB but that leads to a QSB on the PCB itself. If that's not soldered right then it won't work.

...and I never advised you to solder the wire to a ground point. Please read what's being advised!

eMoneyGraphix

Aug 1, 2011
Alright so I Re soldered everything again. Here are some new pictures this way you could see it in more detail. Also I could see a little whole underneath the Purple chip where it say d0. Was i suppose to solder that point there? I'm a bit confused and stuck... :frown:

N.E.Modz

VIP Member
Sep 27, 2009
A.K.A daleh43
Alright so I Re soldered everything again. Here are some new pictures this way you could see it in more detail. Also I could see a little whole underneath the Purple chip where it say d0. Was i suppose to solder that point there? I'm a bit confused and stuck... :frown:
Link To Image
Link To Image

Isnt the pad directly to the left of D0 supposed to be soldered??

dale;)

EDIT: there seems to be some pads not connected either, (especially pic 2 at the bottom of board)

Last edited:

eMoneyGraphix

Aug 1, 2011
Okay so now I soldered that new point next to the d0 .Thanks so much for pointing that out I was struggling with this for quite a while. :D However a new error has occurred but I have heard people having this issue before so I hope that the resolution is out there. Well the error now is when I boot it the xbox it turns off 3x and then goes to FRAG like Martin C stated before. So I hope you guys could help me out with this.

N.E.Modz

VIP Member
Sep 27, 2009
A.K.A daleh43
Okay so now I soldered that new point next to the d0 .Thanks so much for pointing that out I was struggling with this for quite a while. :D However a new error has occurred but I have heard people having this issue before so I hope that the resolution is out there. Well the error now is when I boot it the xbox it turns off 3x and then goes to FRAG like Martin C stated before. So I hope you guys could help me out with this.
"1.Green/Red Flashing :
Problem: The Xbox will restart twice, and then flash red and green. This is known as the FRAG and can be caused by many reasons. Typically when you receive this error you will not have any video. Possible reasons you may get this is a bad bios image, a bad bios chip, the Nvidia MCPX chip is damaged, broken/damaged traces or solder splashes on the mother board.

Fix: If you were doing any kind of soldering work (adding a Modchip or other type of mod) on or around your motherboard, make sure there are no solder splashes or that there are not solder bridges connecting any traces. If there are, desolder them. If you have not done any kind of modding to the unit, then its likely to be caused from a bad tsop image, or a bad chip. Try installing a Modchip to see if you can get the unit to boot. If the Xbox still gives a FRAG then it means another major component is bad and the motherboard needs to be replaced.

dale;)

eMoneyGraphix

Aug 1, 2011
Aw man sounds difficult to repair is there any tutorials out there that can assist me with those fixes?
I really hope that the motherboard is still okay this is getting pretty pricey I paid 50$ for the chip and 50$ for the new HDD I'm planning on installing ,about 4$ for the soldering material I bought from radio shack , 8$ for the de soldering tool , and 8$ for the magnifying glass to get a better look at the soldering.

Well the xbox is working with the modchip being off it's playing games from the hard drive just find so I am hopeing that's a sign that the motherboard and the chips on the mother board are still good.

As for testing to see if there is splashes on the mother board and if there is something wrong with the chip itself I have no idea how I would be able to idea how to diagnose that.:facepalm:

If some one could assist me step by step on how to repair this problem I could give you 5$ in paypal I know it's not much but I just wanted to give something so it be worth your time. I could provide videos of me trying to fix it as wells as close ups of the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.