Installer doesn't read split files. How to use with Fat32?

faded

Noob Account
Jun 20, 2019
Virginia
I tried out SX Installer a few days ago and it looks like it has a lot of useful potential. However I have not got very far with it.

I have 8 legit backups dumped and it only lists 3 of them. Upon closer inspection it only lists the smaller ones (that are not split.) Is there a way to get it to work with the split dumps?

Thanks.

priamos1

Noob Account
Dec 31, 2019
Hawai
Same problem. It doesn't show on the installer. I already tried nspdivider and splitnsp and both gave me the same result. I already messed with the folder option to check ready for archiving. I'm putting the .nsp named folder on the root of the sd card as I've been told. None of that works. Sx os simply refuses to recognize its existence.

I'm on latest firmware and latest sx os version.

EDIT: In the end I had to resort to installing the full ,nsp (no splitting) via a usb flash drive in docked mode. While this works it is not what I would have preferred to do and I still would like to understand why split .nsp seems to be getting entirely ignored so I don't have to go out of my way again next time I want to install something.

Last edited:

Octogon

Jul 11, 2018
maybe you like my way . i use a cardreader so i can use exFat for installing games , without docked mode. or just use if you dont have a cardreader , tinfoil with network installer.
but a cardreader is not expensive , so its best way, when youre traffeling.

priamos1

Noob Account
Dec 31, 2019
Hawai
I'm not really looking for alternative solutions, I want to know why is sx os not seeing split files and how can I fix this.

78_Alpha

Noob Account
Nov 10, 2019
Oregon
Ran into this problem 13 Minutes ago. Disliked that SX OS team has no support for it... SO i forced support.

1.) Split the XCI
2.) Set the archive bit
3.) Transfer it to the switch
* It won't show up, but unless you are Linux to begin with this might not go smooth, so we just push it to the switch before altering...
4.) Change the name of the folder to [your_game_name].xci >> Example || The Legened of zelda [0000000] [v0].xci

The Linux OS on the switch now understands that this is a solid file, so whether the SX Installer likes it or not, it now has to treat it like a massive file.