Installing 10.2.0 safely

ArsenalFC

Dec 1, 2011
Hello,

i installed 3.0.5 on my SX Core thru the menue.
Now how do I install 10.2.0 safely on my mariko Switch?

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Top Poster Of Month
Jul 7, 2010
Colne, Lancashire (UK)
Have you already updated sysNAND to 10.2.0?

If not, boot in to OFW via SX OS recovery and perform the update using the official method.

Once this is done, you can use ChoiDujourNX to update emuNAND to 10.2.0.

overcom3

Noob Account
Aug 2, 2020
Indonesia
Have you already updated sysNAND to 10.2.0?

If not, boot in to OFW via SX OS recovery and perform the update using the official method.

Once this is done, you can use ChoiDujourNX to update emuNAND to 10.2.0.
just that simple?
so, update to 3.0.5 with auto updater from cfw. reboot to ofw, update sysnand using official way, update cfw to latest using choi. anything i missed?

MomZo

Loyal Member
Jul 7, 2020
Vietnam
I recommend to manually download the "boot.dat" relative to v3.0.5 beta from SX website, and to replace the current one on your SD card by this one.
Updating by OTA in SX OS doesn't always work correctly.

And you don't have to update your OFW if you don't play online or if you don't have any game asking for it.

Elsol

Aug 11, 2020
Jakarta
I have managed to update to 10.2.0 successfully..

my steps are..

1. Download and update SXOS from the menu. turn off.
2. Turn on again to check that SX OS has already updated to V 3.0.5
3. Turn off and turn on while pressing volume up button when at SXOS Logo, boot in to OFW via SX OS recovery
4. Go to setting and go to system and update the firmware, it asks for restart, but after restart, it doesn't turn on again.
5. I waited for awhile, and press the on button, and it's done!

ArsenalFC

Dec 1, 2011
I have managed to update to 10.2.0 successfully..

my steps are..
I have done it like you. But we did not "use ChoiDujourNX to update emuNAND to 10.2.0."?
My OFW is now 10.2.0 but within CFW its still 10.1.0. My SXOS is 3.0.5.

How do use ChoiDujourNX to update emuNAND to 10.2.0?
SX Core firmware is 1.3. Is there an update to that aswell?
Thanks

Last edited:

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Top Poster Of Month
Jul 7, 2010
Colne, Lancashire (UK)
I have done it like you. But we did not "use ChoiDujourNX to update emuNAND to 10.2.0."??
Why should I do that? How do I do that?
Thanks
You can use ChoiDujourNX to update emuNAND to 10.2 which means it will match sysNAND OFW (also 10.2).

If you do a Google search for "ChoiDujourNX Tutorial", you will find detailed instructions explaining how to use it to update emuNAND.

Last edited:
Reactions: ArsenalFC

ArsenalFC

Dec 1, 2011
You can use ChoiDujourNX to update emuNAND to 10.2 which means it will then match sysNAND OFW (also 10.2).

If you do a Google search for "ChoiDujourNX Tutorial", you will find detailed instructions explaining how to use it to update emuNAND.
Ok, i did that and I followed it 100%. In the guide he has "Prevent Fuse Burning (AutoRCM) enabled.
I cannot enable that. Why?

ArsenalFC

Dec 1, 2011
It's because your Switch is a Mariko model which isn't supported by AutoRCM.

Ignore it and proceed and I guarantee it will work 100%.
Ok, it worked. I trust you. Doing my 10.2.0 nand dump now...

"Updating OFW and NOT using AutoRCM will burn a fuse" is this true and does it matter? (I know I updated OFW before I updated CFW)

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Top Poster Of Month
Jul 7, 2010
Colne, Lancashire (UK)
Ok, it worked. I trust you. Doing my 10.2.0 nand dump now...

"Updating OFW and NOT using AutoRCM will burn a fuse" is this true and does it matter? (I know I updated OFW before I updated CFW)
It is true, but fuses aren't an issue for SX OS since fuse checks have been revoked in the SX OS boot chain.

You will still be able to update OFW normally in the future.

Reactions: ArsenalFC

MomZo

Loyal Member
Jul 7, 2020
Vietnam
If you have a Switch Mariko/Lite, the option to enable autoRCM/prevent fuse burning is automatically disabled when you use ChoiDujourNX (and cannot be activated)
Impossible to do something wrong, except choosing "10.2.0" instead of "10.2.0 (exFAT)" when prompted, if you use an exFAT SD card.

Minino

Sep 18, 2020
España
Hi. I have sx core chip, I have a copy of emunand in microsd, is it necessary to make a copy of something else like the sysnand? on the other hand I would like to know if in cfw I can connect wifi to update retroarch without risk to ban or would it be necessary to do it offline?

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Top Poster Of Month
Jul 7, 2010
Colne, Lancashire (UK)
Hi. I have sx core chip, I have a copy of emunand in microsd, is it necessary to make a copy of something else like the sysnand? on the other hand I would like to know if in cfw I can connect wifi to update retroarch without risk to ban or would it be necessary to do it offline?
Please start your own support thread in the correct section and we will be able to help you.

Minino

Sep 18, 2020
España
with sx core chip, is it necessary to update the system to copy the nand? or only with the copy we already have of emunand okay? I want to update with choi offline

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Top Poster Of Month
Jul 7, 2010
Colne, Lancashire (UK)
with sx core chip, is it necessary to update the system to copy the nand? or only with the copy we already have of emunand okay? I want to update with choi offline
The best way to do this is to update sysNAND (OFW) to 10.2, update to SX OS 3.0.5 and then update emuNAND to 10.2 with ChoiDujourNX.

You don't need to create a new emuNAND because you can update your existing one as mentioned above.