Installing Games To HD

plumpkatt1

May 29, 2005
usa
Hey guys, got a quick question I couldnt really locate an answer to.

I have a Phat Benq Xbox running LT2.0.

Been wondering if you have a properly created backup, XGD3 or not, would installing it to your HD and running it from there protect you some from getting banned on live? I was just thinking if it was a perfect copy running from the HD, it wouldnt have jitter or any imperfections. I guess since you still have the disk in the drive to play, Microsoft can still run their checks????

Sorry if this has been asked over and over. I just finally got a large HD(320GB) so I am experimenting with running the games from the HD rather than the disk. Just want to see if I get an increase in performance.

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
There is no need whatsoever (unless your original is FUBAR) to install a backup to HD. Use your original and then the backup to play once it's on there.

jn996c

Sep 19, 2005
new york
If the back up is not good it doesn't matter if u put the original in the hd ms can still check the disc even when the game is running from hd

plumpkatt1

May 29, 2005
usa
I am correct though in assuming that installing the game to the HD will save the life of the DVD drive laser???

So though installing isnt necessary, it will cut down on noise and wear n tear????

I assume reading from the HD is MUCH faster than reading from the DVD Drive? If I am correct about that, games running from the HD then in theory should substantially run/load faster???

Am I thinking correct on this???? I know in theory and in reality sometime makes all the difference in the world but in the world of Xbox, is it really beneficial to install your games to the HD? I have plenty of space to waste...lol....

Thanx for the comments.

Last edited:

joelj

VIP Member
Jun 12, 2011
Colombo, SriLanka
I am correct though in assuming that installing the game to the HD will save the life of the DVD drive laser???

So though installing isnt necessary, it will cut down on noise and wear n tear????

I assume reading from the HD is MUCH faster than reading from the DVD Drive? If I am correct about that, games running from the HD then in theory should substantially run/load faster???

Am I thinking correct on this???? I know in theory and in reality sometime makes all the difference in the world but in the world of Xbox, is it really beneficial to install your games to the HD? I have plenty of space to waste...lol....

Thanx for the comments.
yes definitely, I'm using this method to reduce the wear and tear on the console disk drive, and has helped me a lot. I think most people should do this so their drive will last longer.