Internal SX Pro Dongle

Game_Over

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Top Poster Of Month
Dec 2, 2010
Credit goes to Element18592 The information for this mod came from his video HERE.
The TX SX Pro dongle will fit inside the switch with some modification.

THIS JOB IS FOR PROS!! The points that are required to be soldered to are VERY tiny and require a steady hand. You have been warned. Don't try this if you don't have a high level of soldering skill.
As with all mods, I will say this is NOT safe to use online. You will probably get banned.

Before you make ANY modifications to your console, perform a full eMMC NAND backup just in case you need it in the future.

This switch will always boot to SX OS, every time it is turned on.

First thing you will need to do is open the Pro dongle. I used a knife to slice the edges of the dongle then just popped the case off. Be careful not to cut in too deep.

Next thing you will need to do is remove the capacitors. This is pretty easy, just heat up the pins and pull them out.

This image shows you where to solder the 4 wires required for power and data.

Here is what mine looked like. I chose to leave the USB ports attached to the PCB and opted to do a direct wire rather than using a button.

IMPORTANT: You MUST put electrical tape, or some kind of non-conductive material between the PCB and the metal beneath it (Not Pictured). Also put electrical tape on the metal shield to insulate and prevent shorting anything out.

When placed correctly, everything should be short enough to put the switch back together.

I DID have to bend the shield a little bit in the area where I used electrical tape. I just laid it on the table and pressed with my thumbs and it bent enough to accommodate the new PCB that is installed.
Please remember that the thermal compound area needs to remain unbent as it is used to help dissipate heat from the CPU. It's also a good idea to clean off the existing compound and replace it.

I enabled AutoRCM and now the switch boots up to the SX OS every time without needing to insert the dongle.

The USB port DOES still work, and the dock works. Everything is working so far that I have tested.

Last edited:

RazorX2018

VIP Member
Jul 3, 2018
Newcastle, United Kingdom
what a great idea, i may have to do this myself at some point although i would have added a small switch to turn the dongle on or off since it doesn't have to be on after the initial payload injection but still very cool, perhaps you can setup some sort of small board that will only power the dongle for 5secs and then power it off so it's automatic.
it maybe a bit of a pain if xecuter release an update for the dongle though :D

Last edited:

Game_Over

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Top Poster Of Month
Dec 2, 2010
I considered the switch but really didn't want to drill any new holes. I like the idea of automatically shutting off the power... I may tweak this a bit if I run into any trouble. I highly doubt any dongle updates will be coming. If so, It's not too hard to open up.

RazorX2018

VIP Member
Jul 3, 2018
I considered the switch but really didn't want to drill any new holes. I like the idea of automatically shutting off the power... I may tweak this a bit if I run into any trouble. I highly doubt any dongle updates will be coming. If so, It's not too hard to open up.
yeah i don't think any dongle updates will happen either.
as for the auto power off, you maybe able to use something like a 555 timer.

using something like this for a base should work and power it for around 7 seconds, in the image below it's the led that is powered for around 7 seconds and then turns off permanently after that:
555-timer-delay-before-turn-off-circuit.png

test the voltages but you maybe able to get away with copying that circuit and taking out the led and the resister attached to it and attaching the SX dongles power to there.

Last edited:

Game_Over

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Top Poster Of Month
Dec 2, 2010
How does OFW take to AutoRCM for updates only? I don't game online... can that be seen by nintendo?
I'm not sure tbh. I would treat AutoRCM as a thing that could cause a ban. I know it's not what folks want to hear, but if you modify your console, you should not be surprised if you are banned. We do not have a full understanding of what they can see at this time. I would bet that entering RCM manually rather than using AutoRCM is probably more "safe" but you are playing with fire if you are trying to avoid a ban.

Darkspade

Noob Account
Jun 23, 2018
Colorado
I'm not sure tbh. I would treat AutoRCM as a thing that could cause a ban. I know it's not what folks want to hear, but if you modify your console, you should not be surprised if you are banned. We do not have a full understanding of what they can see at this time. I would bet that entering RCM manually rather than using AutoRCM is probably more "safe" but you are playing with fire if you are trying to avoid a ban.
Yeah I'm not to worried about the Ban.. Was Just Wondering.. Maybe I'll just add the switch thx

RazorX2018

VIP Member
Jul 3, 2018
Yeah I'm not to worried about the Ban.. Was Just Wondering.. Maybe I'll just add the switch thx
just keep your console in airplane mode and don't visit the eshop or try to play online and you'll be fine, you can update the console or your games while in airplane mode i believe

Jul 3, 2018
The TX SX Pro dongle will fit inside the switch with some modification.

THIS JOB IS FOR PROS!! The points that are required to be soldered to are VERY tiny and require a steady hand. You have been warned. Don't try this if you don't have a high level of soldering skill.
As with all mods, I will say this is NOT safe to use online. You will probably get banned.

Before you make ANY modifications to your console, perform a full eMMC NAND backup just in case you need it in the future.

This switch will always boot to SX OS, every time it is turned on.
what super capacitors were those by the way? i forgot to ask

Jul 3, 2018
I don't know. I may have thrown them away. I will check when I get the chance.
thanks it would be great to know in case i ever need to replace them, also there is another person on the forum that may also need to replace his so it would be good to be able to pass that info on to him.

Jul 3, 2018
Jun 4, 2013
The USB port DOES still work, and the dock works. Everything is working so far that I have tested.
The USB port does still work with charging but shouldn't output video on the dock. That's why I added a tact switch to the diagram above so you just press on the back of the case to activate it while in RCM. Have you tested that yet?

Support Our Sponsors