Interrupted software update bricked

KarimPolska

Noob Account
Dec 3, 2019
Poland
Hi guys,

I have a Kronos board, looks like new, the problem is that it may have been abruptly shut down while updating and now all it does on start up after the logo is show the message below.

I tried to Glitch it to boot Xell, get CPU key and rebuild the Nand, but it doesnt boot Xell at all. I also tried to update it via USB stick and I get E81 right away after the boot logo.

All I'm left with now is the TTL method that people use on Xenons to get the DVD key. I'm not sure if this method works on Jaspers and if there is the ECC/Nand/timing files for Jasper, or would the Xenon ones work?

Thank you in advance.

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2010
Colne, Lancashire (UK)
Remove the hard drive and any USB storage devices that are connected and try booting the console again.

If you had successfully written XeLL to the console's NAND, it wouldn't boot at all unless you had the correct hardware installed (R-JTAG, CR4, etc.) to perform the hack.

Please post the contents of your J-Runner log file so we can see what you've done so far.

KarimPolska

Noob Account
Dec 3, 2019
Poland
I have actually installed coolrunner rev. c (RGH1.2 wiring) and the console refused to boot Xell. I have RGH'ed consoles before.

I do have a Nand dump, but considering my low dash version, would RGH1.2 wiring work?

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2010
Colne, Lancashire (UK)
I can't remember if RGH methods work on the 7371 kernel as this was the last kernel version to support the JTAG / SMC hack.

I could be wrong, but if the CB version (2BL) in your NAND image is 6723, the JTAG / SMC hack should work and it will probably be far more stable than a glitch hack.

Have you tried updating the console via USB with the latest official update (you need to have the hard drive connected for the update to be applied)?

If you can successfully update the console, I am pretty sure you can use R-JTAG / CR4 / RGH methods instead.

KarimPolska

Noob Account
Dec 3, 2019
Poland
I can't remember if RGH methods work on the 7371 kernel as this was the last kernel version to support the JTAG / SMC hack.

I could be wrong, but if the CB version (2BL) in your NAND image is 6723, the JTAG / SMC hack should work and it will probably be far more stable than a glitch hack.

Have you tried updating the console via USB with the latest official update (you need to have the hard drive connected for the update to be applied)?

If you can successfully update the console, I am pretty sure you can use R-JTAG / CR4 / RGH methods instead.
The problem is that I cannot update this console. I tried to update via USB or Game disc but to no avail, it just tries to update and shows E81 or something similar. I think my only chance now is to build a stock nand using my KV.bin and SMC.bin but I dont know how