ANSWERED Is a QSB required for a trinity RGH2?

siblckr

Mar 13, 2012
As the title says;
I'm trying to figure out if I NEED to fit a QSB for a trinity RGH2 install?

I can't seem to find a definitive answer anywhere. I've looked everywhere but must be typing in the wrong things.
JonnyGuns doesn't use one on his youtube video of a Trinity RGH so I'm assuming not, but I just wanted to be clear as i'm going to be using a Slim Proto v2 when available and not a CR.

I opened up my Slim for the FIRST time yesterday. Took it completely to pieces to get familiar with the board ahead of the install, and it now seems very straight forward.

Furiiious

Aug 9, 2013
A trinity RGH will not need any QSB at all mate also all the trinities ive done have been very good at glitching with a rev c 1-3 boots max

siblckr

Mar 13, 2012
ahh cool.. so you reckon I should just go with rev c instead of waiting for a pro to v2?

Furiiious

Aug 9, 2013
Well i would as you ent got to mess with dip settings etc its more straight forward also if its your first RGH attempt i would as its an easier install

Reactions: siblckr

siblckr

Mar 13, 2012
Oh so many choices!! haha..

Whats the benefit of the proto, is it just the glitch speed?
I was originally going for the proto as I saw the CR's were being discontinued, but I see CK3 have them in stock for £11.95 at the mo. BARGAIN!!

Utmad

VIP Member
Aug 15, 2010
Southampton, UK
I think they are out of stock again atmo. My proto glitches at worst 2nd glitch normally always first time, less to wire up than a rev c also so easier for the not so experienced solderers...

correction i see the rev c is back in stock again, is is up to you they both will do the job nicely

Last edited:

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Top Poster Of Month
Jul 7, 2010
At Home
QSBs have always been optional.

I use them when I have them because I think they make an install look cleaner.

Last edited:

siblckr

Mar 13, 2012
Thank you for all the help guys.

I've ordered the CR from CK3.. Will be with me in the week.

I'm going to copy the trinity install JonnyGuns did on YouTube that is without a QSB.. That looks incredibly neat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk