Is good the quality of this burn? according to nero discspeed yes... kprobe 2 no

snopess

Noob Account
Dec 24, 2011
Hello, I'm burning my first backups with an optiarc ad-5280-s-cb-plus. As I've read in some guides i didn't change any settings on imgburn. I just selected my image of the game (Middle Earth: Shadows of Mordor) and set the speed to 4x. Media is Verbatim 8x singapore. I use linux, but i used a windows 7 installation that is installed on another partition of my laptop. I connect the burner to my laptop with a sata to usb cable. I made one backup with windows in normal mode (not in safe mode I mean). I scanned the copy with a liteon 124-14euv the results where not the best, nero discspeed score was 88, i didn't wrote down the results of kprobe2 but they were not good. I made another copy with windows in safe mode, and after scanning with the liteon I got a nero discpeed score of 93.

nero speed mesom.jpg

I thought the result was not bad, but when i scanned the backup with kprobe i got the following results:

Max Pi: 50 Average Pi:6,22
PIF: 3 Average PIF: 0,20

It seems that these results are not so good, I don't know if i am right. If so i wonder what can I do to improve the quality of my burns, I've read that the optiarc is a good drive and does not need too much tweaking.

Thank you.

GeekHeat

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2013
lancashire
I believe u can use any drive with Nero speed. Test the game in nero with the Sony drive. I always run in safe mode as my PC is not the best, it does give better results. There is nothing wrong with them results by the way. Recommended guideline remember.

Last edited:
Reactions: snopess

snopess

Noob Account
Dec 24, 2011
I'm a linux user. I used a windows installation on another partition for experimenting with this xbox things and other stuff that i can't in linux. I formatted and reinstalled windows because the system needed it, so I lost many of the data. It seems like you are trying to discern if I own the game, I'm right?

snopess

Noob Account
Dec 24, 2011
your XBC is lost, how convenient

#pirateship
I'm not going to argue with you. If the person responsible of administrate this forum thinks my post is innapropiate she's free to do what he think's more convenient or tell me to delete my post.