LITEON 0225 Is KAMIKAZE still needed?

OG Style

Noob Account
May 21, 2012
I have done the KAMIKAZE method before but it's been a while. I have a DG-16D4s with to newest dashboard and I was wondering if there's a new method to doing this drive or not?

Thanks

chase

VIP Member
Apr 11, 2004
Toronto, Canada
kamikaze will still work.. or you can get an unlocked replacement board if you can find one.. or you can replace the main IC chip and use external spi :)

Kexxen

VIP Member
May 26, 2014
I have done the KAMIKAZE method before but it's been a while. I have a DG-16D4s with to newest dashboard and I was wondering if there's a new method to doing this drive or not?

Thanks
Another way to flash the D4S is to replace the PCB. This is open to correction, but I think if you don't use the Kamikaze method then the only other way to get the drive key is with a temporary RGH.

OG Style

Noob Account
May 21, 2012
I'm getting ready to do a slim and I thought that I seen somewhere that the kamikaze is not needed any more. Can someone confirm this?

Thanks

GeekHeat

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2013
lancashire
I'm getting ready to do a slim and I thought that I seen somewhere that the kamikaze is not needed any more. Can someone confirm this?

Thanks
Nothing has changed since u last posted.
There is the Sputnik method also depending on what type of chip u have on the DVD PCB board.

Joo C

VIP Member
Dec 2, 2011
South Africa
Geez OG Style...just because you registered in May doesn't mean you're only allowed to post in May each year :redface:

zozz99

Noob Account
Jun 3, 2016
I have a xbox 360 drive dg-16 d4s fw /1071 tried to get the key off it no luck using jungle flasher 1.96 can any one help please drive not reading dvd only cd so need to change it

alexander_1333

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2012
Slovakia
If the drive does not reading dvd's only cd's, you need to change the laser.If you need the key use slimkey in JF, when the HW locked message pops up hit no.