Is there a way to "eject" game loaded by SX OS?

imprezgc8

Majora's Mask
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
IGNORE: Go back into the SX menu and I believe there is a eject option.

EDIT: See below

Last edited:

Game_Over

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Top Poster Of Month
Dec 2, 2010
There is not an option to eject. There is really no reason to eject an .xci is there?

I have mentioned this as a feature request in the past, I will send a reminder.

Yoshi01

Jan 9, 2019
Austria
I have the same problem!
My mistake was that I installed a game (XCI) on the switch that was insered in the virtual slot.
I've tried:
1. reboot
2. delete XCI file
3. insered another xci game in virtual slot (*)
4. insered physical gamecard in slot (*)

* switch shown me 2 games was insered in the slot 8(

nothing works.
How to remove it???

thank, Yoshi

Game_Over

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Top Poster Of Month
Dec 2, 2010
2 games inserted simultaneously.? Please share a screen shot of this. Meanwhile I will test the steps you just gave.

edit: a screenshot may be hard to show, you would need two screen shots... don't worry about it. I am testing this.

--------------------------------------------

edit #2:
I am not able to replicate this bug you are suggesting exists. Only one xci is mounted at a time. Once a game cart is inserted, that cart is active. Once the cart is ejected, the previous xci is mounted again.

It's all working as expected.

Last edited:

Yoshi01

Jan 9, 2019
Austria
2 games inserted simultaneously.? Please share a screen shot of this. Meanwhile I will test the steps you just gave.

edit: a screenshot may be hard to show, you would need two screen shots... don't worry about it. I am testing this.
Yes, It's tricky.
I make two photos, maybe its possible to upload a video? I try it.

Problem update: Today I tried to update the OS SX to 2.5.2 but it doesn't resolve my problem...

Attachments

Game_Over

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Top Poster Of Month
Dec 2, 2010
I am not able to recreate this. Can you give me exact steps on how you did it?

Does it happen with any xci files? Or just specific ones?

Do they both launch?

Can you make this happen again with any other files?

OuahOuah

Noob Account
Dec 9, 2018
France
If you try to delete datas from the game on the right ? (Mario) (button + to access menu) ?
You can only delete datas from game NOT INSERTED (it does not destryo your save) so will it delete this ? So there will be no inserted game.

Normally, last inserted is on the left.
Can you launch the Mario game (right game) ?

Yoshi01

Jan 9, 2019
Austria
I am not able to recreate this. Can you give me exact steps on how you did it?
1. Nintendo OS was 6.2 - Emunand 6.2 - SX OS 2.5.1
2. copied Mario + Rabbits XCI-file on SD-card
3. insert xci game (mario + rabbits) as virtual card
4. install (mario + rabbits) on sd-card with sx os
5. after installation delete the file (sx os aks to delete with "x")
6. install update (nsp) and four dlc (nps) with same installer (also deleted after installation)

Then I realized that the virtual card is insered.

Does it happen with any xci files? Or just specific ones?
It happens only by "Mario + Rabbits Kindom Battle" World-version

Do they both launch?
Yes

Can you make this happen again with any other files?
I hope not ;)
If you try to delete datas from the game on the right ? (Mario) (button + to access menu) ?
You can only delete datas from game NOT INSERTED (it does not destryo your save) so will it delete this ? So there will be no inserted game.
The right game "Mario + Rabbits" is also insered and if I try (option with "+") to delete it the switch told me that is not possible when gamecard is insered.

Normally, last inserted is on the left.
Can you launch the Mario game (right game) ?
Yes I can. The switch believe that both games are insered.

Yoshi01

Jan 9, 2019
Austria
Today I update to version 2.5.2 but it's same as before :(
If I could make a wish I'd like an eject button to remove the virtual game card.
Maybe it's possible in 2.5.3 ??

imprezgc8

Majora's Mask
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
It honestly sounds like something go corrupt. I would shut the Switch completely off, back up the files you need from the SD card and start fresh.

You could try just powering the Switch off, which should eject any virtual catridges and then try to delete the ones in question and reinstall, but I think the above is the best option.

gavin_darkglide

VIP Member
Dec 14, 2012
If you installed the game, that means you dont need the xci file any more, and the game is still on the console, or in the nintendo folder on the sdcard, so it will show up on the home screen. this isnt a bug, this is a feature of horizon, for games downloaded online. As for the eject thing, it would be nice, but if you reboot, or mount a different xci file, it should load that one.

imprezgc8

Majora's Mask
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
If you installed the game, that means you dont need the xci file any more, and the game is still on the console, or in the nintendo folder on the sdcard, so it will show up on the home screen. this isnt a bug, this is a feature of horizon, for games downloaded online. As for the eject thing, it would be nice, but if you reboot, or mount a different xci file, it should load that one.
The problem is that it is showing two mounted virtual cartridges not that he has 2 games installed. When he mounted another XCI it did not remove the previously mounted cartridge. I think it maybe because he said he installed 1 XCI and then mounted a different one. I am not sure what that looks like since I don't use XCI files to test.

Yoshi01

Jan 9, 2019
Austria
The problem started when I insered the Mario+Rabbid.xci in the virtual slot and installed the same xci with the SX Installer.
From this moment I could insered an other game as real or virtual card but the switch always believe that the Mario+Rabbid.xci is insered too.
Few post before I attached pics and a video.
The problem is that I cannot remove and uninstall this game.
All other games works fine.

RSJon

Dec 1, 2018
Is it not possible you've got a merged XCI file? I mean it's very possible to pack multiple XCI's into a single file and when mounted it could show up to 8 games mounted

Reactions: Game_Over

Yoshi01

Jan 9, 2019
Austria
No it isn't. By the way I can delete this file an reboot the switch and it shows that the card is insered.
I can live with it. The switch accept a second game as "insered", so it don't be a big problem.

But if someone has it resolved please tell me who... ;)

imprezgc8

Majora's Mask
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
At this point, I think the only way to get rid of it completely would be to back up all your saves and anything important like your license, wipe the switch and start fresh.