X360USB PRO IS THIS FORUM DEAD!!!???

troubletall

Dec 5, 2018
Worcester, UK
IMG_20181211_081600.jpgPlease can anyone help I can't get my x360usb pro v2 to work, it won't detect on win 7 64bit just keeps saying 'unknown device', I can't load any drivers or even get it to be recognised in the update software to flash it? Please can you suggest what I can do to resolve this as it's just a paperweight at the moment. I have tried two computers both running 64bit win 7, do you know if 32bit might work with it? Hope someone can help as I have tried everything, the lights come on but the portio light is red & from a photo on someone else's post it shows as green when working, I can't understand why windows won't detect it even as CK3i?

I have tried with both 12v & 5v power connected, I have tried with the switches in every configuration, I have tried searching my system32 for drivers to delete (didn't find any) it's not detecting the x360usb device even when all the lights on it are glowing, I'm not a noobie to hardware & have built my own pc's & flashed xbox dvd drives using a home made probe & VIA sata chipset pci cards in the past, I also do a lot of Android software modding, this has me baffled though

really need some help if anyone has had this issue or can resolve it for me, thanks

Last edited:

nofeloniesyet

VIP Member
Jan 16, 2011
Nowhere
sorry man,really busy with real life as well as here. i actually did some reading about your issue yesterday after you posted your first thread.iirc i had a time installing on 64 bit myself. i no longer have a v2 though i have a usbpro 1 and ck3i as sep devices. i may not have time today as i got work today at 2,but if no one comes along to help before friday afternoon i would be willing to real time chat and see if we cannot sort it. off the top of my head all i can think of is make sure the switch for 5 vt or 12 vt power is set to 12 volt. seems i had this issue recently reinstalling my usbpro to this pc and i ended up having to delete a driver windows installed manually from sys32 (which it seems ya already looked for) but its been a while and i cannot remember what it was. if ya can,try on a 32 based machine. i cant recall ever having issues on one with any xecuter product. that will at very least help us isolate if its a windows version issue or a faulty device full stop (it does happen sometimes).

Last edited:
Reactions: troubletall

troubletall

Dec 5, 2018
Worcester, UK
Thanks I will try as you suggested with a 32bit machine when I can get my hands on one, yeah I was wondering the same thing about a faulty board, the strange thing is when I first hooked it up it did recognise it as a CK3i driver then I installed the usbpro drivers as suggested & it's all gone off the sys32 I'm proper baffled, but could be a fault with it

troubletall

Dec 5, 2018
Worcester, UK
Them videos are no good, as I mentioned the device isn't coming up at all in the device list apart from a 'unknown usb device' which doesn't allow you to install any drivers for it as windows isn't recognising what type of device it is, I've already turned off the forced driver encryption every time I boot the system too, thanks for the reply though