LITEON 0225 IS this right method? Unlocking/Flashing Xbox 360 Slim 0227/0225/0401 (IXtreme Lt+)

sunnyali

May 28, 2011
Pakistan
Is this method right?

You should consider this before starting. If you follow this tutorial by the book, you should get your Xbox 360 flashed/unlocked to play backup games. I'm not responsible for any damage caused to your console.

0) Remember to properly configure the SATA controller of your motherboard's BIOS(Setup) (just google the default config, avoid AHCI). And always update your motherboard's drivers to the latest.

1) If you are using Windows 7, run JungleFlasher as administrator.

2) Before unlocking, install the latest version of . NET Framework.

3) If using the Xbox as own source of energy, do not forget to plug the video cable if you don’t it will shut down after a few minutes, but remember that this practice has big chances of flagging for ban. Without the video cable connected there is no danger of flagging the console, but you have to be fast, because the console turns off after 5 minutes.

4) There are consoles with 9504 label, but it's actually 0225 that were wrongly labeled.

5) Actually it was confirmed that the new dashboard 13XXX changes the firmware of DVD drive in PHAT and SLIM. With 9504 it gives you a SPI Lock. (But luckily with MRA Hacking you can unlock it)

6) Dashboard 12625 is the safest one if you don't want to reburn your games(You won't be able to play on LIVE).

There are two types of integrated circuit (IC) in 0225 and 0401 drives: MXIC and Winbond.
To unlock MXIC chip you will need a resistor of 10 ohms. To unlock Winbond you will not need a resistor.
There are drives that have the 0225 sticker 9504, for this model it should be followed using LTPlus-0225-v1.9u.bin
Once unlocked, the SPI is with status 0x0, to upgrade to other versions you won't need MRA to put drive in vendor mode, just click on "Intro / Device ID" and do the power trick.
A secure solution for Lite-on drives with Winbond Chip is to replace the drive with a 0225 for a 9504. This is NOT spoof, 0225 and 9504 drives are the same model (DG16D4S), hence same hardware, which makes the exchange 100% secure. As it was in Xbox Phat with Lite-On drives DG16D2S

F.A.Q. - Frequently Asked Questions

01) Lite-On DG16D4S 9504 with 13599 dash becomes 0272 with SPI locked. If the drive has MXIC chip simply do the MRA Hacking, if you have Winbond chip you will need to replace the PCB or drive.

02) See the picture below to identify the chip on your drive.

-----------------------------------

I hope this tutorial helps all those who want to try.

Unlocking Xbox 360 Slim 0225/0401 is pretty simple and I assure that anyone paying close attention to this tutorial can do it.

It is not necessary Lizard or X360USB, simply plug the drive into sata port of your PC

If your motherboard chipset is Intel probably it is VIA so you don’t need to anything in your Bios setup but if your chipset is generic or if you’re using AMD processor, you will need to change your sata controller to Legacy Mode.

I dedicate this tutorial to the staff of the forum, and C4EVA Jungle Team.

The unlocking is basically made by taking two steps: Dumping and Writing.

First download and configure JungleFlasher 0.1.85(or latest) and iXtreme LTPlus-0225-v1.9.bin 1.9 (or latest) for 0225 drives and iXtreme LTPlus-0401-v1.9.bin 1.9 (or latest) for 0401 drives . They can be easily found in Xbins (download the program Xbins.exe on google)

Unzip JungleFlasher and unzip iXtreme into JungleFlasher firmware folder.

You will also need Sputnik Unlock_16d4s for MXIC and Geremia Unlock for Winbond.

Disassembling the Xbox 360 Slim

http://www.team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61651

Disassemble Slim, plug the drive into SATA port, power on the drive and open JF (no need to start windows with the drive attached, it can be plugged after windows has loaded)

To do the MRA Hacking you will need to cut a trace on the drive PCB(Printed Circuit Board). Have in mind that it is done to interupt the current signal. You need to take care when soldering it back, be aware not to solder the trace to the ground. I recommend using a wire to redo the trace as picture below (the new JungleFlasher 0.1.86 does this trick, but I'm telling you the hardware way to do it) :

Cutting the trace:

Dumping::
• Connect a sata cable to your xbox 360 drive and plug it to a sata port on your PC (preferably a master port, the port I used was SECONDARY MASTER), do not turn PC on yet.
• Turn on your xbox 360
• open and then close disk tray
• Turn on your PC
• Go to the tab dvdkey32 on JungleFlasher 1.85 and on I / O port select the port where the drive is connected.
• Click slim key, and for the window that will pop up click no.
• Next window, you will be asked to save the key, choose the best place to store the key safely!
• Done, key dumped!

You can also use a SATA/USB adapter. ( you will need to use a sata cable to connect to the adapter and your pc, then connect the usb cable to your xbox 360 and follow the same steps above)

Writing CFW iXtreme on Lite-On DG16D4S Drive with MXIC chipset:

Step 01
Open your CFW on target, as shown below:

Step 02
Do the MRA as shown below:

See that the trace is interrupted, you can also scrape that part of the trace and cut it, follow the same trace and scrape again to (resolder using a flexible wire when the job is finished).

Step 03 - With the drive off, click Intro / Device ID. Click YES, stick the resistor into the point indicated in the picture and turn the drive on. It goes into Vendor Mode at the time with 0x72 status.

Step 04 - With drive in Vendor Mode, start program Unlock_16d4s

- ON THIS PROGRAM YOU SHOULD PUT YOUR SATA PORT NUMBER, THE SAME USED IN JungleFlasher, see picture below:

Step 05 - ON Unlock_16d4s program click READ Status, you will get 0x8C status, this means that the drive is write protected.

Step 06 - Again, with the drive on, stick the resistor into the point indicated in the picture:

Step 07 - ON Unlock_16d4s program click Unlock Drive, you will get 0x0 status, this means that the driver is unprotected against recording, then you can take the resistor out.

Step 08 - Now just click on WRITE then JF will write the CFW as usual.

Step 09 - Resolder the cut trace and have fun playing your Xbox 360 with backup games.

or do as I said in the beginning of the tutorial:

Has anyone tried this, by following this tutorial?

Reactions: djbroake

sunnyali

May 28, 2011
Pakistan
Main tribute goes to user named "NiceShot1985(psmods)"
-----------------

old and out dated information

ill post a more accurate tutorial in our official section later today
Thanks for the reply AND I m waiting for the updated tutorial, so that there would me no problem with the drive..

ninj4_xbox

Noob Account
Apr 30, 2015
REPLY ON Is this method right?

Has anyone tried this, by following this tutorial?[/QUOTE]

thnx for this tut
ill have tried but the ohm/registor is kind of trick it's say you can unlock but wont unlock some how on this method
so came up with a new one cause that russian tool is CRAP
you need dosflash + jungleflasher

so ill build a little switch for it open dos flash unlock spi holding at that time with sound the button and now it's unlocked
pretty tight but was not on the way this guy explains cause you also NEED A SWITCH and only omh/registor wont work
ill also cleaned bit but later on did put more tin on cut and trace and open 2 spots for contacting see pic
that russian tool did not work at all and dont make sense why noobs says it does!
Also jungleflasher dont make a sound like he describe's thats why i used dosFLASH
if some newbies want some help just ASK OR PM ME

also i did not repair the cut and trace back with a wire just solder all tin of and leave it like it was
only remove ohm/registor and probe

sorry for my english but i am dutchguy

WRONG THIS PIC SAME LIKE ABOVE

http://postimg.org/image/yngta42cb/

AND THIS 3 PICS WORKED FOR ME CAME UP WITH SAME IDEA BUT LITTLE DIFFERENT
http://postimg.org/image/4ajqst9bp/

http://postimg.org/image/vpmwev55v/

http://s24.postimg.org/ucp180c9x/11201224_1467898250168097_637969963_o.jpg

Last edited:

turny

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2010
#JungleFlasher
REPLY ON Is this method right?

thnx for this tut
ill have tried but the ohm/registor is kind of trick it's say you can unlock but wont unlock some how on this method
so came up with a new one cause that russian tool is CRAP
you need dosflash + jungleflasher

so ill build a little switch for it open dos flash unlock spi holding at that time with sound the button and now it's unlocked
pretty tight but was not on the way this guy explains cause you also NEED A SWITCH and only omh/registor wont work
ill also cleaned bit but later on did put more tin on cut and trace and open 2 spots for contacting see pic
that russian tool did not work at all and dont make sense why noobs says it does!
Also jungleflasher dont make a sound like he describe's thats why i used dosFLASH
if some newbies want some help just ASK OR PM ME

also i did not repair the cut and trace back with a wire just solder all tin of and leave it like it was
only remove ohm/registor and probe

sorry for my english but i am dutchguy

WRONG THIS PIC SAME LIKE ABOVE

http://postimg.org/image/yngta42cb/

AND THIS 3 PICS WORKED FOR ME CAME UP WITH SAME IDEA BUT LITTLE DIFFERENT
http://postimg.org/image/4ajqst9bp/

http://postimg.org/image/vpmwev55v/

http://s24.postimg.org/ucp180c9x/11201224_1467898250168097_637969963_o.jpg
It worked because you had a MXIC spi, it would not work if you had the more common winbond spi.

Last edited by a moderator:

ninj4_xbox

Noob Account
Apr 30, 2015
It worked because you had a MXIC spi, it would not work if you had the more common winbond spi.
if you read good mxic is also hard with tut winbond are easyer you have to drill a hole and thats IT
and most drive of winbond chip are mostly easy to build of since there is not protection cause 0255 version are not locked:)
2010/2011 models

the point is that the above tut wont work so thats why i made update one

Last edited:

ZerOneX

Sep 20, 2011
Is this method right?

You should consider this before starting. If you follow this tutorial by the book, you should get your Xbox 360 flashed/unlocked to play backup games. I'm not responsible for any damage caused to your console.

0) Remember to properly configure the SATA controller of your motherboard's BIOS(Setup) (just google the default config, avoid AHCI). And always update your motherboard's drivers to the latest.

1) If you are using Windows 7, run JungleFlasher as administrator.

2) Before unlocking, install the latest version of . NET Framework.

3) If using the Xbox as own source of energy, do not forget to plug the video cable if you don’t it will shut down after a few minutes, but remember that this practice has big chances of flagging for ban. Without the video cable connected there is no danger of flagging the console, but you have to be fast, because the console turns off after 5 minutes.

4) There are consoles with 9504 label, but it's actually 0225 that were wrongly labeled.

5) Actually it was confirmed that the new dashboard 13XXX changes the firmware of DVD drive in PHAT and SLIM. With 9504 it gives you a SPI Lock. (But luckily with MRA Hacking you can unlock it)

6) Dashboard 12625 is the safest one if you don't want to reburn your games(You won't be able to play on LIVE).

There are two types of integrated circuit (IC) in 0225 and 0401 drives: MXIC and Winbond.
To unlock MXIC chip you will need a resistor of 10 ohms. To unlock Winbond you will not need a resistor.
There are drives that have the 0225 sticker 9504, for this model it should be followed using LTPlus-0225-v1.9u.bin
Once unlocked, the SPI is with status 0x0, to upgrade to other versions you won't need MRA to put drive in vendor mode, just click on "Intro / Device ID" and do the power trick.
A secure solution for Lite-on drives with Winbond Chip is to replace the drive with a 0225 for a 9504. This is NOT spoof, 0225 and 9504 drives are the same model (DG16D4S), hence same hardware, which makes the exchange 100% secure. As it was in Xbox Phat with Lite-On drives DG16D2S

F.A.Q. - Frequently Asked Questions

01) Lite-On DG16D4S 9504 with 13599 dash becomes 0272 with SPI locked. If the drive has MXIC chip simply do the MRA Hacking, if you have Winbond chip you will need to replace the PCB or drive.

02) See the picture below to identify the chip on your drive.

-----------------------------------

I hope this tutorial helps all those who want to try.

Unlocking Xbox 360 Slim 0225/0401 is pretty simple and I assure that anyone paying close attention to this tutorial can do it.

It is not necessary Lizard or X360USB, simply plug the drive into sata port of your PC

If your motherboard chipset is Intel probably it is VIA so you don’t need to anything in your Bios setup but if your chipset is generic or if you’re using AMD processor, you will need to change your sata controller to Legacy Mode.

I dedicate this tutorial to the staff of the forum, and C4EVA Jungle Team.

The unlocking is basically made by taking two steps: Dumping and Writing.

First download and configure JungleFlasher 0.1.85(or latest) and iXtreme LTPlus-0225-v1.9.bin 1.9 (or latest) for 0225 drives and iXtreme LTPlus-0401-v1.9.bin 1.9 (or latest) for 0401 drives . They can be easily found in Xbins (download the program Xbins.exe on google)

Unzip JungleFlasher and unzip iXtreme into JungleFlasher firmware folder.

You will also need Sputnik Unlock_16d4s for MXIC and Geremia Unlock for Winbond.

Disassembling the Xbox 360 Slim

http://www.team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61651

Disassemble Slim, plug the drive into SATA port, power on the drive and open JF (no need to start windows with the drive attached, it can be plugged after windows has loaded)

To do the MRA Hacking you will need to cut a trace on the drive PCB(Printed Circuit Board). Have in mind that it is done to interupt the current signal. You need to take care when soldering it back, be aware not to solder the trace to the ground. I recommend using a wire to redo the trace as picture below (the new JungleFlasher 0.1.86 does this trick, but I'm telling you the hardware way to do it) :

Cutting the trace:

Dumping::
• Connect a sata cable to your xbox 360 drive and plug it to a sata port on your PC (preferably a master port, the port I used was SECONDARY MASTER), do not turn PC on yet.
• Turn on your xbox 360
• open and then close disk tray
• Turn on your PC
• Go to the tab dvdkey32 on JungleFlasher 1.85 and on I / O port select the port where the drive is connected.
• Click slim key, and for the window that will pop up click no.
• Next window, you will be asked to save the key, choose the best place to store the key safely!
• Done, key dumped!

You can also use a SATA/USB adapter. ( you will need to use a sata cable to connect to the adapter and your pc, then connect the usb cable to your xbox 360 and follow the same steps above)

Writing CFW iXtreme on Lite-On DG16D4S Drive with MXIC chipset:

Step 01
Open your CFW on target, as shown below:

Step 02
Do the MRA as shown below:

See that the trace is interrupted, you can also scrape that part of the trace and cut it, follow the same trace and scrape again to (resolder using a flexible wire when the job is finished).

Step 03 - With the drive off, click Intro / Device ID. Click YES, stick the resistor into the point indicated in the picture and turn the drive on. It goes into Vendor Mode at the time with 0x72 status.

Step 04 - With drive in Vendor Mode, start program Unlock_16d4s

- ON THIS PROGRAM YOU SHOULD PUT YOUR SATA PORT NUMBER, THE SAME USED IN JungleFlasher, see picture below:

Step 05 - ON Unlock_16d4s program click READ Status, you will get 0x8C status, this means that the drive is write protected.

Step 06 - Again, with the drive on, stick the resistor into the point indicated in the picture:

Step 07 - ON Unlock_16d4s program click Unlock Drive, you will get 0x0 status, this means that the driver is unprotected against recording, then you can take the resistor out.

Step 08 - Now just click on WRITE then JF will write the CFW as usual.

Step 09 - Resolder the cut trace and have fun playing your Xbox 360 with backup games.

or do as I said in the beginning of the tutorial:

You used ALL my pics and no single f******g credit..... that's awesome right ;)

That's why I starter to watermark everything...

Oggy

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Mar 1, 2010
He only asked if it was the correct method, he didn't steal it and claim it as his own.