I've totally screwed my Lite-On drive...

Account_Alpha

Aug 16, 2010
Halifax, England
live.xbox.com
Hello,

A few days ago I flashed my lite-on 74850C drive with ixtreme-v.1.1 but when I connected it back to the xbox 360 and started it the middle green power light was flashing/blinking. I thought there was something wrong with the drive so I erased it using dosflash and written the ixtreme-v1.1 firmware onto it (not Lite_CFW.bin, the downloaded .bin from Ixtreme site). After that I restarted and opened JungleFlasher and saw DVD Key: Not Found under Drive Properties. I previously deleted the key out of the KeyDB and also deleted key.bin, identify.bin, Inquiry.bin, Dummy.bin and Serial.bin from my desktop so I couldn't use 'Dummy from KeyDB'.
I tried using 'DVDKey32' again but my probe wasn't giving a green light under 'Serial', and I tried the stock 74850C firmware and It kept giving me (Serial Data looks ok, key returned: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF). So I have no key and my dvd drive doesn't eject or work on the xbox 360

I thought of ordering a new lite-on 74850C drive but it said I would have to transfer the key data from my old drive otherwise the new drive wouldn't work with the xbox 360, but I don't have the key so I can't.

- Hardware -

- VIA 6421 SATA Card
- CK3 Lite
- CK3 Probe 2
- RS232-USB Serial Cable
- Lite-On 74850C DVD Drive

- Other Information -

- I don't have any VIA drivers or .sys files installed. I just have PortIO32 Xbox 360 device driver and Serial-USB driver installed.

- I have my sata cable connected to the right sata port on the VIA 6421 Card.

- I deleted those 5 .bin files because I thought the dvd key 'DVDKey32' was giving me was corrupt even though it was saying it was Good (was something like 5AA5AA5A55AA5AA).

- Before I got the probe I tried to extract the dvd key using a flathead screwdriver and I might of damaged the two solder dots/points above the holes of R707 and R709.

- Using JungleFlasher 0.1.75 Beta

Last edited:

sick360mods

BANNED
Mar 22, 2010
Longisland , New York
becuase you have already flashed the dvd drive the green led wont come up. i believe u have to hit dummy for ixtreme or something like that for it to dump and get the dvd key. 5aa5aa5a5a55a and 7777777777777 are bad keys.

Account_Alpha

Aug 16, 2010
Halifax, England
live.xbox.com
becuase you have already flashed the dvd drive the green led wont come up. i believe u have to hit dummy for ixtreme or something like that for it to dump and get the dvd key. 5aa5aa5a5a55a and 7777777777777 are bad keys.
I tried that and it said 'iXtreme DVDkey extraction failed! Power drive with tray half open'. I manually ejected the drive using a screwdriver, turned off the CK3 Lite, pushed the tray to half way and turned the CK3 Lite back on. Didn't work.

modmonster

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2009
Cheshire, UK
xboxmods.wordpress.com
The key has gone from the drive. It won't extract the key you need because you've written the wrong one to it.
If you deleted the key from your desktop, won't it be in your recycle bin?

Dummy from ixtreme won't work because you flashed LT 1.1.
The only way to get the key after flashing LT firmware us to do the MRA hack, but in your case there is no point as the key is bad.

If your files arnt in your recycle bin there's a video tut which you maybe able to try which may have your right key.

team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54632

Last edited:

Account_Alpha

Aug 16, 2010
Halifax, England
live.xbox.com
Okay so the files aren't in my recycle bin because I have the recycle bin set on 'Remove files immediately when deleted' so I'm screwed. Plus the video has been removed by the user so I'll just look on some other forums that have topics about my problem. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

Account_Alpha

Aug 16, 2010
Halifax, England
live.xbox.com
Okay I have managed to purchase 'iCare Data Recovery Software' which will scan my hard drive and will allow me to restore previously deleted files that should of gone to my recycle bin. I think I might be saved because when the scan has finished I'll be able to find the first key.bin file and restore it! wohoo!

Account_Alpha

Aug 16, 2010
Halifax, England
live.xbox.com
I can't because it says 'The video has been removed by the user'. Anyway the scan picks up about 15 Deleted Partitions so hopefully the key.bin, serial.bin.. etc should be in one of them.

EDIT: I did a full scan and got a huge list of files that had been previously deleted, but no Binary files were in the list so I can't get the correct dvd key.bin back. In a while I'm going to erase the drive in DosFlash then write the stock firmware. I should be able to get the correct key if there is no dvd key on the drive or in the stock firmware, right?

Last edited: