FIXED J-Runner cannot connect to my J-R Programmer/Trinity

vip270

Noob Account
Aug 10, 2015
First time here and I'm not sure if this was even the right place to post this... I am an extreme novice when it comes to RGHing 360's and I am just looking for some guidance and help.

I did some research on what products I should get to mod my 4Gb slim Trinity with a 17150 dash (which I came to understand would be RGHable). I ended up picking a J-R programmer and CR3 lite from an online eurasian modchip seller. They arrived in the mail today and I happily began following two tutorials that I thought would be of assistance. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0KLg5ZdRHo & https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niO_vLcNd44)

I soldered the J-R programmer wires to the NAND pins correctly and properly read them 4 times successfully. Then I programmed my CR3 lite as the tutorials stated and soldered it to the board correctly also. However, when the tutorial stated to "create ecc", the option was not available on my J-Runner. The only option was "Write ecc for dgx" and... stupid ignorant me... pressed it after minimal research as to what it would do. Even now I don't really know. So then after overwriting the NAND (I think), I really wasn't sure what to do... but I turned on the xbox hoping to find a CPU key. The green light of the CR3 lite flashed on and off but it never was able to glitch it.

I ended up getting scared and pressed "write nand" hoping to revert it back to the first reading. I compared my new old NAND with one of my original readings, but it didn't line up. I rewrote the NAND again based on one of my original readings and this time it compared fine. However, when I went to go turn on my 360, it just blinked like it was trying to glitch.

I'm afraid I've broken it, but I'm hoping someone might be able to help me out! WHAT DO I DO??

TL;DR
Pressed "write ecc for dgx" not knowing what it did, pressed "write nand" with an original nand dump successfully, 360 won't boot up. What do?

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Top Poster Of Month
Jul 7, 2010
At Home
Remove 3.3V from your CR (or set the switch to PRG) and see if the console will boot with what you suspect is the original stock NAND image written.

If this works, we can go from there.

vip270

Noob Account
Aug 10, 2015
I just tried it with the CR set to program, but the power light just blinks on and off. The CR just shows a dim red light when its in program and a brighter one on normal. Whenever I try to plug the J-R programmer in and run it on J-Runner it says:

Connection Error
Filechecks disabled - No Filechecks carried out

Thanks for trying to help out... I hope all is not lost :(

vip270

Noob Account
Aug 10, 2015
I just realized that I forgot to add that I tried to create the ecc by pressing "create ecc" with no NAND loaded into the 1st source. When I pressed the button to create ecc I chose one of my original good NANDs and it looked like everything was fine until the message:

* unpacking flash image, ....
Spare Data found, will remove.
Removed
* found decrypted CD
* found XeLL binary, must be linked to 0x1c000000
* we found the following parts:
SMC: 3.1
CB_A: 9231
CB_B: 9231
CD (image): 9231
CD (decrypted): 9452
* checking required versions...
ok
* patching SMC...
Patching Trinity version 3.1 SMC at offset 0x13B3
* Replacing CD...

* XOR HACK NEEDED FOR CB 9231
File C:\Users\James\Desktop\J-Runner v02 Beta (286) Core Pack\common\CB\CB_B.9231.bin not found!
Failed to open CB_B.9231.bin

Last edited:

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Top Poster Of Month
Jul 7, 2010
At Home
I just realized that I forgot to add that I tried to create the ecc by pressing "create ecc" with no NAND loaded into the 1st source. When I pressed the button to create ecc I chose one of my original good NANDs and it looked like everything was fine until the message:

* unpacking flash image, ....
Spare Data found, will remove.
Removed
* found decrypted CD
* found XeLL binary, must be linked to 0x1c000000
* we found the following parts:
SMC: 3.1
CB_A: 9231
CB_B: 9231
CD (image): 9231
CD (decrypted): 9452
* checking required versions...
ok
* patching SMC...
Patching Trinity version 3.1 SMC at offset 0x13B3
* Replacing CD...

* XOR HACK NEEDED FOR CB 9231
File C:\Users\James\Desktop\J-Runner v02 Beta (286) Core Pack\common\CB\CB_B.9231.bin not found!
Failed to open CB_B.9231.bin
That's because you do not compile an ECC image for that CB version.

Load your console's NAND image as the source and click "Create ECC*".

vip270

Noob Account
Aug 10, 2015
That's because you do not compile an ECC image for that CB version.

Load your console's NAND image as the source and click "Create ECC*".
Whenever I load my consoles NAND to the source it greys out "Create ECC" and will only allow "Write ECC for dgx." The way that I got that message for that CB version was by pressing "Create ECC" before loading a source NAND, then a box would pop up and I would choose my good NAND image from my first dump. I don't understand what the problem is though...

I just tried plugging my disc drive back into the 360 and I turned it on. When I did the green light stopped flashing and became solid, but opened the disc drive. I tried closing the drive by touching the chip around the black shield in front of the power light (sorry, I have no idea what its called) and the light turned red. I turned the console off and when I turned it back on the green light stayed solid and never turned green again. However, there was no video output at all... Everything looked like it was working fine, but I think I still have a problem somewhere.

Is there anyway to completely erase my NAND and reflash it with one of my backups? Do you even think that's the problem?

EDIT: Also, heres an album of pictures showing what it looks like and my soldering job (not great, but it looks like it should be clean enough to work). Just let me know if theres anything specific to take a picture of that would help:

https://imgur.com/a/AH48S

Last edited:

vip270

Noob Account
Aug 10, 2015
Problem solved, I was able to mess with the console enough and it is now successfully glitched.