• CB Version: 9231
  • Screenshot of NAND details from J-Runner:
NAND details.png

• Image of the CR4 XL
CR4xl.jpgJR Programmer.jpgJ-R Programmer R1.jpg

• Images of close-up soldering to motherboard
Ground.jpgMotherboard Point 1.jpg

• Detailed Description of the Problem:
I bought a cr4xl a few months back to RGH my xbox slim, I was able to get XeLL Reloaded installed after reading/watching a few different tutorials (This one and This one) and trying a few different USB cables:
Xell.jpg
Then I tried to write XEBuild to the NAND (May 20th in the log). I didn't know what Dashboard my xbox was on, and since XeLL was already installed, it was too late to check, so I think I just chose the latest in J-Runner (17511). After I wrote XEBuild to the NAND, I tried to boot my xbox, and got a red light of death and error message on the screen. I did have some write errors in J-Runner, so I thought it might of been my soldering, went and double checked everything, made sure there weren't any bridges and that everything was connected etc. I had spent all day working on it, and gave up and put the xbox in my closet for a few months while I was busy with other things. Now I think I got the red light of death because I tried to use a newer dashboard then I had installed, or maybe a bad usb cable or bad nand dumps. Today (September 30th in the log), I had some free time, so I pulled the xbox out of the closet, and tried to install XeLL again so I could start over and try again, the fans still started up and everything (didn't try to plugin to the tv). So I plugged the J-R Programmer into my pc and I kept getting different read errors when hitting F2 in J-Runner:
Hitting F2:
Checking Console..
Version: 10
Flash Config: 0x00000000
Can not Continue
Can not continue

Trying Again:
Checking Console..
Flash Config: 0x00023010
Error: 250 reading block 0
Error: 219 reading block 1
Error: 218 reading block 2
Error: 255 reading block 3
Trinity, Jasper 16MB

Trying Again:
Checking Console..
Error: 204 reading block 0
Error: 25D reading block 1
Error: 31D reading block 2
Error: 21D reading block 3
Trinity, Jasper 16MB
CB Version: 0

Trying Again:
Checking Console..
Version: 00
Wrong Version.
Can not continue

Trying Again:
Error: 25D reading block 0
Error: 21C reading block 1
Error: 21D reading block 2
Error: 25D reading block 3
Trinity, Jasper 16MB

Connecting power cable first, then plugging in JR Programmer into my PC:
Checking Console..
Error: 251 reading block 0
Error: 21D reading block 1
Error: 21D reading block 2
Error: 215 reading block 3
Trinity, Jasper 16MB
So I tried to write the image_00000000.ecc anyway to try and install XeLL again, but got an error for pretty much every block (as seen in the J-Runner.log). Tried to turn on my xbox, I hear the "ding" startup noise, but now the fans don't even turn on anymore and the green light in the power button doesn't turn on. I've tried 3 different usb cables for the J-R Programmer today, one of which didn't work at all and didn't have the green led lit up solid (the red led and green led both where flashing), but the other 2 USBs I tried give similar errors to each other in J-Runner. The red PWR led on the CR4 lights up when I plugin the power to the xbox still, and the green light on the J-R Programmer will turn on when I plugin the USB and J-Runner recognizes the J-R Programmer. I have multiple NAND dumps from before I first installed XeLL back in May. I also have 5 updflash.bin.log files if that will help. Can anyone explain what these error codes mean (I tried googling with no luck)? Could it be because bad USB cables?

• Was the console working before you started: Yes
  • Do you get a green debug light appear on the CR4 XL chip every 4-5 seconds: Not Anymore
  • How long is the light on for each time N/A

jligg

VIP Member
Mar 16, 2011
Cincinnati Ohio
Your getting the read errors because of your soldering or bad connection. First thing I would do is add some flux to the qsb points and reflow the solder points.

Joo C

VIP Member
Dec 2, 2011
South Africa
If you're able to boot Xell again pop a flash drive with the updflash.bin into one of the ports and it will write the nand