J-Runner/JR-Programmer Help?

Poisonwinter

Jan 10, 2015
I am very close to finishing my first xbox mod. This is a really green question but how exactly do I open J-Runner? I downloaded the Microsoft Net Framework file that people said it requires, what am I doing wrong?

Also do I need to use that wire that comes with the JR-Programmer to connect the CR4 to the JR-Programmer when dumping the nand?

Many thanks!

BrockThunderjam

VIP Member
Jun 25, 2013
What exactly is the problem? MS NET Framework isnt just a file, its a program you must install. You should just open the JRunner executable just like you would any other executable file on a windows machine.

And no, you do not need to connect the JRP to the CR4 at all. The CR4 is already programmed. Have you read the installation guide?

Poisonwinter

Jan 10, 2015
My computer says MS NET Framework current or higher version already installed so I don't think that's the issue. In the J-Runner V3 (5) Core pack file I have 2 folders titled Common and Xebuild and the pdf. What file exactly opens J-runner?

BrockThunderjam

VIP Member
Jun 25, 2013
did your anti-virus block any files when you unzipped? You should have files in the root as well, not just the folders. There should be an executable in there. Try turning off your anti-virus, re-download and re-extract the contents to a folder.

Reactions: Poisonwinter

Poisonwinter

Jan 10, 2015
There is no JRunner.exe. Could someone send me a link to a good download? Also the link to the JR-Programmer drivers download?

Last edited:

Krafter

VIP Member
Apr 17, 2011
Indiana
did your anti-virus block any files when you unzipped? You should have files in the root as well, not just the folders. There should be an executable in there. Try turning off your anti-virus, re-download and re-extract the contents to a folder.
This is most likely the problem. Downloading it again won't help until you add an exception into you anti-virus or shut it down every time you want to run JR.

Look under the JR support section for the download link or simply Google it.

Reactions: Poisonwinter

Hypotoad

BANNED
The same thing happened to me, Avast antivirus deleted the J-Runner.exe file, I went into settings and excluded the J Runner folder and it's fine now.

Also remember when you plug in your JR Programmer to point the installer to the J Runner \ common \ drivers folder.

And the USB cable for the JR Programmer is a "mini" not "micro".

Hypotoad

BANNED
Now you do know that you have to plug in the power brick but not turn on the console for it to work?

If not it's 99% a wiring problem, check all your solder joints, even go over them with a DMM.

Krafter

VIP Member
Apr 17, 2011
Indiana
Now you do know that you have to plug in the power brick but not turn on the console for it to work?

If not it's 99% a wiring problem, check all your solder joints, even go over them with a DMM.
I think you have the wrong thread lol.