Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Mar 1, 2010
I use JR in windows 10 perfectly fine.

What exactly is the issue?

kengtay

Noob Account
Aug 10, 2016
Can some one tell me why my J-R Programmer v2 is not working? It closed by it self and here is the error log:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at JRunner.MainForm.**‫‏*‫*‏*‫‪*‬*‏‬‏*‎*‫​‫‏**‫‬*(HttpWebResponse )
at JRunner.MainForm.check_internet()
at JRunner.MainForm.<oninternetconnection>b__0()
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean ignoreSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Last edited:

kengtay

Noob Account
Aug 10, 2016
So, I know I just made a comment yesterday about the problem with it giving me the error "Connection Error" But I use windows 10 and for some reason it is just not working can you please have someone make it compatiable with windows 10 thanks.

- Ripped Modder

View attachment 33145
The easiest way to do is to right click and select properties, then use compatible mode for "winxp SP3", at the bottom, select "Administrator" try to open few times, if it doesn't work, disable the network and try, or enable back. This is my experience after spending 2 weeks trying to figure out how to make it work.

AmyGrrl

VIP Member
Jun 15, 2004
Ontario, Canada
I'm also having issues with J-Runner. Running the latest Beta 8 version. But it won't connect online to check the files keeps giving me a connection error. Running the newest Windows 10 Anniversary Update. Not running any antivirus or firewalls. Have added J-Runner to the Windows Firewall and even disabled the Windows Firewall. Tried running it with all the different OS compatibility modes & admin mode.

Is this still something on my end or are the servers down? I'm about ready to install Windows XP or 7 to my old Netbook that I never use to see if I can get the app to update on it.

AmyGrrl

VIP Member
Jun 15, 2004
Ontario, Canada
I installed Windows XP into a Virtual Machine giving it bridged access so it gets an IP Address from my router and more direct access to the Internet. I get the same connection error when trying to check files. Its has been like this for Months and Months. Please fix the servers. I would like to be able to be able to install the latest dashboard to my XBOX 360.

Lizardpcs

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2011
I don't think Jrunner is being updated anymore anyway so there is no need for the server to be fixed.
The last official update for Jrunner was when xebuild 1.16 for dashboard 2.0.17489 was realeased.

Two options
1. Update jrunner yourself with the required files
2. Download one of the many unoffcial updated jrunners out there with dashboard 2.0.17502

sgurica

Mar 22, 2016
Re: Official Release of J-Runner

Hello i been having trouble using jrunner. i have a Ace v3 chip in my xbox slim and havent had time to finish the rgh.. when i went to open jrunner it gave me this:
Untitled.png
i have got the cpu key and now wanna finish the rgh.. i have tried redownloading it , tried different computer and i still get the same problem..

AmyGrrl

VIP Member
Jun 15, 2004
Ontario, Canada
It really sucks this is no longer supported an out of date. The least they could do is provide an updated zip in the 1st post that contains all the latest version of J-Runner and all its files for us to download. Beta 5 just crashed for everyone.

troylong45

Noob Account
Sep 17, 2016
Re: Official Release of J-Runner

hi i got everything going got nand read, xell loaded, key retrieve, but now trying to create xebuild and when i try to slect dash version it only says -------, add dash, and del dash. will not let me continue without dash how to i get a dash version to show up in the dash version box

Last edited:

Oggy

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Mar 1, 2010
Select add dash - but I' guessing it wont download anything if the server is offline.

Oggy

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Mar 1, 2010
It really sucks this is no longer supported an out of date. The least they could do is provide an updated zip in the 1st post that contains all the latest version of J-Runner and all its files for us to download. Beta 5 just crashed for everyone.
I've updated it to (8) - unfortunately I am not able to provide any other files.

troylong45

Noob Account
Sep 17, 2016
Select add dash - but I' guessing it wont download anything if the server is offline.
I click add but it's a big blank box and a small selection box above marked advanced and is checked and has a plus/add button next to it
How long has/will it be down?
Is there a different way to get a dash?
I been waiting to do this and just was able to piece together everything and now more waiting I'm the middle of it. :(

Last edited:

gavin_darkglide

VIP Member
Dec 14, 2012
Honestly, I just did a box the other day, so I needed j-runner, and I am having the same server issues. lol. What I did was use j-runner for reading/writing the nand, and writing chip, and xebuildgui for creating images. This is the easiest solution I have found.

AmyGrrl

VIP Member
Jun 15, 2004
Ontario, Canada
This is what I used. I don't remember where I grabbed it from now. But its the latest J-Runner v0.3 Beta 8 with the proper xebuild files for 17502. Then I updated it to include Dash Launch v3.17. Hopefully the link will stay up for awhile.

Last edited: