Krafter

VIP Member
Apr 17, 2011
Indiana
  • Dips: All off
  • Postbit: Default
  • CPU_RST Cable: Standard
  • Caps: None

Well.... my luck FINALLY changed. After a dead Trinity, a working and then dead Corona, a dud Jasper that I bought off of eBay and at last a working Jasper, I got a chance to see how awesome this CR4 is. I bought this chip with the intentions of installing it into my Corona but that console died while in the middle of tuning it. Since it was originally for a slim, I didn't buy any phat QSBs with it. Because of that, my fist attempt on this Jasper was RGH2+ but the boot times were terrible. I'm talking about anywhere between 1 - 25+ glitches. I tried every dip setting, cap, etc. but nothing helped and that wasn't going to fly. I decided to try R-JTAG AUD_CLMP without a QSB and boy, I'm glad I went that way. All settings on the CR4 are default and it's almost a instance boot. Most of the time it is but sometimes it might take two glitches and on a very rare occasion it will take three. Good enough for me. :)

Here are some pics.

IMG_1614.JPG

IMG_1613.JPG

IMG_1612.JPG

IMG_1615.JPG

IMG_1616.JPG

Last edited:

nofeloniesyet

VIP Member
Jan 16, 2011
Nowhere
Like a charm.
personally ive found that any other way of doing it than reg diodes and a jumper tend to throw more funky rol actions and more random e79.had a guy not long go come into the irc channel with a jasper jtag,true jtag,that would e79 so often.i took it in expecting to see the non aud cmp wiring method,but to my surprise used this same transistor method with aud cmp.i had always thought the transistor method would do alot better,but removed,installed reg diodes and aud cmp,and customers never had nother e79 boot since.just my experience.glad somethin finally worked out for ya though :)

Last edited:
I have used that method also alot and I have gotten better results. I love that way also. Its cleaner looking install then the old way I think. But might have to give this a try on a phat when I do another CR4 on a phat again. Looks very nice and hey if the heat shrink fits and shrinks then go with it... LOL Heat shrink is heat shrink any way you look at it. Its better then using some box tape or duct tape, LOL. Which I have seen.

Xecuter

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 6, 2002
Asia
team-xecuter.com
There is absolutely no way you get better results doing it that way than using the BAT Diodes on the QSB that I designed - just no way. I know why - I designed it - the code was written SPECIFICALLY for the AUD_CLAMP qsb design and the values of the parts. I'm not saying it won't work - sure it does - but it doesn't work better.

Just no way so don't say so - it's mis-information and I hate that sh*t.

I made the price $2 ffs - give me a friggen break.

Hypotoad

BANNED
There is absolutely no way you get better results doing it that way than using the BAT Diodes on the QSB that I designed - just no way. I know why - I designed it - the code was written SPECIFICALLY for the AUD_CLAMP qsb design and the values of the parts. I'm not saying it won't work - sure it does - but it doesn't work better.

The transistor method wouldn't necessarily work better but when I can't get hold of the QSB's locally (Australia) even when I can I pay $12.00 for them and add to that the horrendous shipping charges they cost me $20.00, so it's an alternative that works.

But then again using a pair of Schottsky diodes and a 470 ohm resistor would be even easier than the transistor method.

One question though about the QSB's could you make them with "pins" that go through the header holes, I realize that the holes are filled with solder but it's easy to remove that?

Awesome products and J Runner is pure genius.

Last edited:

nofeloniesyet

VIP Member
Jan 16, 2011
Nowhere
personally ive found that any other way of doing it than reg diodes and a jumper tend to throw more funky rol actions and more random e79.had a guy not long go come into the irc channel with a jasper jtag,true jtag,that would e79 so often.i took it in expecting to see the non aud cmp wiring method,but to my surprise used this same transistor method with aud cmp.i had always thought the transistor method would do alot better,but removed,installed reg diodes and aud cmp,and customers never had nother e79 boot since.just my experience.glad somethin finally worked out for ya though :)

which coincides perfectly with my post above,as xecuters qsb is reg bat diodes and a jumper :) makes things alot easier too and for only 2 bucks it looks alot cleaner.any other way ive seen or used,has throwed just as many errors on rol and random e79 boots as just doing reg rol wiring without aud cmp,even using aud cmp.

Last edited:

lonix

Dec 17, 2011
melbourne, Australia
Sorry to say it, because I'll probably offend someone.

But it's way easier to just use 2 diodes or transistor method and if the console doesn't want to work properly, it's way easier to remove and go back to stock

Krafter

VIP Member
Apr 17, 2011
Indiana
Sorry to say it, because I'll probably offend someone.

But it's way easier to just use 2 diodes or transistor method and if the console doesn't want to work properly, it's way easier to remove and go back to stock
I agree. I hate QSBs for more than one reason.