RGH jasper 512 rgh2 boot problem

fabbiolino

May 12, 2012
Rome
after some problems, I managed to start the image of my console rgh2.
I find myself in this situation: a lot of times I start the console, plus the fact that it takes a lot for the glitches, crashes on the animation of the logo. I checked the welds and made ​​the 50ohm cable as short as possible.

even when part is not normal. ie: if starts the MS dash and then launch XEXMENU and then FSD often have a black screen. if I start directly FSD, okay.

reassembling the original, the problem does not occur.
What can I do?

lio_x

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2011
95% of the time its your soldering
photos please

i found a few consoles (1/200) that when writing the image via USB-xell its creating bad blocks on the nand (vary rare)- when rewriting via nandx problem is solved

but again... 95% of the time its the soldering and wireing

Last edited:

fabbiolino

May 12, 2012
Rome
I make pictures in the evening. in fact there are 2 errors in writing the nand. the same blocks in read error (remapped during xebuild). but with the original image, there are no problems. I try to do a full erase and then write with j-runner?

I had to replace the resistance r4b24, I hope this is not that bother the rgh2.

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
I make pictures in the evening. in fact there are 2 errors in writing the nand. the same blocks in read error (remapped during xebuild). but with the original image, there are no problems. I try to do a full erase and then write with j-runner?

I had to replace the resistance r4b24, I hope this is not that bother the rgh2.
So you're saying the original NAND doesn't have ANY bad blocks?

lio_x

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2011
you dont need to erase your nand
just rewrite it with nandx
and make sure you dont have errors in your image before writing it

for the r4b24 point- use the alt point - make sure the resistor is far away as posible from the chip in the right side of it (hana)
and sure it can be the cause of your problem

Last edited:

fabbiolino

May 12, 2012
Rome
sorry my bad English.
reading i have some errors (if I remember correctly, 0x014b and 0x014c).
j-runner creates the image remapping bad blocks.
rechecking taht image, bad blocks are no longer present, but writing this there are 2 errors in those same blocks.

lio_x

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2011
so its probably your r4b24

for the r4b24 point- use the alt point - make sure the resistor is far away as posible from the chip in the right side of it (hana)
and sure it can be the cause of your problem

Last edited:

fabbiolino

May 12, 2012
Rome
But the original dash works well.
as soon as I can send the images of the installation of the CR.

may be the length from the cables? the resistance value for the point D? The 50ohm cable must have a minimum length or shorter can be better?

could be my console, having returned from assistance MS, has suffered some update that prevents the RGH-rgh2?

fabbiolino

May 12, 2012
Rome
I find myself still the same problem ... block in the startup phase ... system that is frozen in a random way (after a minute or after a time) ..

Yesterday I tried to put the 50ohm cable (30cm), the glitch seems to be improved .. In the evening I try to replace the cable C.

I enclose photos of the welds, a snap of freezing in the animation start.