JASPER Jasper BB

ramsfan3068

Jun 3, 2013
California
So I don't know exactly where to post this, so I'm gonna post it here because it does go to show how awesome the CR4 is. I got this Jasper on CB 6751. RGH1 i thought, was happy. Well that started my woes. Spent about 4 hours with it. Tried everything from cpu_rst cleaner and multi-cap, different wire placements and gauges, nothing worked. It would always come down to stopping glitching after 1 cycle and would not boot xell. So I thought, just update, RJTAG+ and I can get the console to boot. So I updated, put the CR4 in and the same thing happened. 1 glitch, stop and no boot. Looked at the post readout and it was freezing on Post 35. Checked continuity on the JTAG qsb as well as resistance on the points. Everything seemed fine. Before I decided to play too much more with it, I tried RGH2+. Low and behold, it booted after the first glitch attempt with dips 4,5,6,7 selected. The chip is awesome. Now the only thing I can gather is that PLL_Bypass on some Jaspers doesn't react quite the same. Its the only thing that really remained consistent between RGH1 and RJTAG+. Anyways, great chip and happy that everything just worked out.

Steel City Mods

VIP Member
May 30, 2012
USA
PLL bypass is very stable.. I find my problems with Jaspers usually to be the smc config needing tweaked, or the cpu rst pulse timing to be "off" from what the console wants.

None the less, great job with the console. The cr4 is beast.

Reactions: ramsfan3068

ramsfan3068

Jun 3, 2013
California
PLL bypass is very stable.. I find my problems with Jaspers usually to be the smc config needing tweaked, or the cpu rst pulse timing to be "off" from what the console wants.

None the less, great job with the console. The cr4 is beast.
Really, is the smc config or cpu_rst pulse that much different. I mean it's obviously different, it was just really weird how neither RGH1 wiring or RJTAG+ wiring would boot it, but RGH2+ worked right off the bat, no tweaking necessary.