Jasper won't boot with CR3 Lite soldered in

Luhoer

Noob Account
Oct 12, 2012
Hi!

I'm new to the RGH, but I did a lot of reading.
I decided to RGH my 256MB Jasper and bought a CR3 and a NAND-X.
I followed a Tutorial and read my Nand twice before doing anything else.
Then I flashed a RGH1 Jasper xsvf file onto the CR3 and soldered it in.
I tried to boot the XBOX with the switch on PRG and it didn't boot and I had 3 blinking red lights on the XBOX.

Now I found out that if I unsolder the STBY_CLK line, the XBOX boots like normal. I checked my soldering again and even tried the alternate point on the back of the mainboard.

I already googled for an hour and found nothing...

Can anyone tell me what causes this problem?

Also, is it normal that the power led on the CR3 is about half as bright when the switch is on PRG? Shouldn't it be off then? It's off with the STBY_CLK unsoldered.

RROD!

VIP Member
Apr 13, 2011
could you please post some good clean pics of your work both of the cr 3 and points. and also the settings you have the cr3 on ..the ore info you can give will help
also your switch should be on norm when it is in the console and on prog when write xsvf

Last edited:
Reactions: Luhoer

Luhoer

Noob Account
Oct 12, 2012
Hi!

Here is a photo of the CR3 connections and one of the alternative STBY_CLK on the back. Don't look at the colors of the cables, I messed up and used the spare blue ones.

I honestly don't think it's my soldering, i checked everything for shorts etc. It's messy, but it should do it...

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
So of course you bridged LK1 like you're supposed to.

No?

How about you actually read the CR3 settings thread and then come back once you've set it up properly.

You should only need the larger switches set to 1 and 5 for RGH1.

Reactions: Luhoer

Luhoer

Noob Account
Oct 12, 2012
Hi!

I did make the right settings, BUT:

I'm just too stupid to read correctly.
My dash is too high gor RGH1, so I changed the cables, reprogrammed the CR3 and it boots now.
I'll proceed the tutorial and sit in the box of shame afterwards.

Thanks!