Jr Programmer V2 driver install

UndeadZombie II

Mar 16, 2014
I am having trouble installing drivers on the jr programmer v2. my device manager detects in as a "usb input device". What would be the solution to this?

jsinger47

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Feb 6, 2011
Grand Rapids, MI
Make sure your JRP's bootloader switch isn't set to BL.

If the JRP has red light only (not green), it is in bootloader mode.

If the switch isn't set to bootloader, but you still have red light, reflash the JRP with the .hex available in JRunner.

UndeadZombie II

Mar 16, 2014
I found that the driver files causing it to go to usb input device. They are called hidclass.sys, hidparse.sys, and hidusb.sys are these 3 files important? can they be deleted? I they can be deleted, how would I do that? because whenever I try to delete them, it says I need permission to do that.

UndeadZombie II

Mar 16, 2014
I got it working. What I did was delete the driver files causing it to go to usb input device and had to use the program used in the link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Drxmg6QVp3I) to delete them. Then when I plugged the Jr programmmer in, it just downloaded the files again that I just deleted. Then I selected update driver and selected jrp driver file.

UndeadZombie II

Mar 16, 2014
Well I thought I fixed it when I saw the green light come up, but now whenever I try to program the coolrunner it says "device not found". Is it a problem with the coolrunner or the jr programmer? I think its a jr programmer problem. any suggestions?

Last edited:

scott1503

VIP Member
Jul 21, 2012
Harrogate, North Yorkshire , uk
Well I thought I fixed it when I saw the green light come up, but now whenever I try to program the coolrunner it says "device not found". Is it a problem with the coolrunner or the jr programmer? I think its a jr programmer problem. any suggestions?
Post a picture of how you have it connected.oh and if it's the fake one you were trying to install earlier I wouldn't expect much help tbh

UndeadZombie II

Mar 16, 2014
Post a picture of how you have it connected.oh and if it's the fake one you were trying to install earlier I wouldn't expect much help tbh
IMG_0101[1].JPG
That fake one was from an rgh install service that I requested. (this one is the real one that he said was broken, but I could detect it in jrunner so I don't think it is.)

Last edited:

UndeadZombie II

Mar 16, 2014
ok I think I fixed it this time, I forgot to put some files back. I will test it on the coolrunner now and see if it works.
forget about the pictures I posted, that doesn't happen anymore.

Attachments

Last edited: