Jtag Alternate Points

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 4, 2010
There is no simpler points, you either solder to the alternate points mentioned in the thread or could solder directly to the traces.

green_fingers

Noob Account
May 5, 2011
South Yorkshire, UK
Thanks again for the reply manwithoutaname. The trace is the green line leading from point to alternate point? If so would i be able to scratch a little bit off next to the point and solder the Jtag QSB straight to it

hodgie

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2011
Southern, VT (usa)
hello, i need help finding an alt point for pin 6 on the J1D2 for a Zypher board. i see the pic of the Xenon, but i have nothing in the spot the pic shows it going to. im using the QSB's, and its the yellow wire

Jun 4, 2010
You can use alternate points with QSB, you will need to cut the wires end and solder to the motherboard directly. Just trace the point from where the QSB point makes contact and follow the trace you need.

hodgie

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2011
Southern, VT (usa)
the mobo is scratched to hell. this was a freebie from a local guy who already tried to jtag it. this is the omly point i havnt figured out.
what im looking for is the spot on the mobo to solder to. i have nothing in the spot in the pic. i cant see any trace coming off from it. so thats why im bugging you, Im sorry ;(

Jun 4, 2010
If you are refereeing to the yellow wire that connects to point J1D2 then that's ground and you can solder to any ground point on the mother board.

Ground points include those copper rings where the screws go through and the rectangular one that runs around the edge of the motherboard. You can also use the metal shield for all connection ports.

V3nn3tj3

Noob Account
Jun 30, 2011
Belgium
About the 12V solder point,
i would like to add 2 small (40mm) fans and have the 12V mod, can this be done all on this solder point? Also where is the best ground for this?

I'm talking about +/- 1A... (0.8 from original fans, 0.08 for each extra fan)

Thanks in advance, Nick

Jun 4, 2010
You can solder directly under the power connector point from the PSU there are 12volts and 5volts supply beneath there as well as ground but you can use any point on the board for ground.

C43Mi57

VIP Member
Jan 22, 2011
Canada
I got to say this tutorial saved my ass... i some how damaged the wire going to the rf board and in the process of swapping it out with a new wire for the QSB i damaged the DB1F1 (dumb move) so i used this guide to help me find alternate point!!!!
(actually Damaged it by crushing it with the drive while putting the case back together and i got the infamous E79 error!...)

I would like to say thanks to XMODS for taking the time to make this tutorial!

This goes out to everyone that has made a tutorial also! Us n00bs could not do it without you.

Thanks again!

Last edited:

JTaGxSTaCKz

Noob Account
Sep 18, 2011
thanks a lot man, so if the point marked in red in the pic below is fine i do not have to do this?, also i have already installed pinheads over the top and im not exactly sure of which ports are damaged, would i be able to connect all the ports to the alternate ports even if they are not damaged?, will it effect anything?

Thanks

http://www.dports.me/Xmods/J1D2_top.JPG

Last edited:

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
I suggest opening a new thread if you're having issues. Personally I would remove the pinheaders completely as you could have a bridge/short somewhere underneath them. Get a pair of needle-nose pliers, and heat each pin with an iron. Gently apply pulling force on the pin you're heating and once the solder is molten, it'll easily pull out. Don't apply too much force!!!!

callum

Noob Account
Feb 6, 2011
hi there does anybody know were i can find a pick of the j1d2 alternate points for a falcon board a friend of mine drilled the holes out instead of useing desoldering braid and has made a right mess the xbox still turns on just hope theres a way to read the nand so i can install the coolrunner board lol

lskywalker332

Noob Account
Jun 4, 2005
Thanks, this allowed me to flash a Xenon that was giving me problems saying "Could not detect a flash controller". The console was booting fine, just would not flash with Nandpro. This did the trick.

Aaronmaster69

Noob Account
Jun 30, 2010
mendo
i did all the alternate poins i have continuity from nandx plug throgh all the solder points, some are a little high but still connected. can something else cause the nandx to not recognize that its connected?:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support Our Sponsors