JTAG Jtag Updated My Kernal To 2.0.85!?

zerpkys

Jun 19, 2014
Ok so ive got some tech and a bit of programming exp. Before i jattaged my xenon, its firmware was 2.0.6 or something (100% meeting its ver requirments)
after the soldering, LPT Cables, comparing 2x nand dumps plus flashing it, upon restart instructions said to start sys with eject button. Didnt work, 2nd method of controlller into back usb did work. XELL showed up with the "Fuses" to decrypt my cpu key. Following that it continuasly said "TFTP: no answer from server" yet then displayed my full cpu and dvd key! and Xells net config info. so first, is that normal? 2nd i cant get any usb device to read through reg dash, only pops up in XEXmenu. after copying XEX file to hd, it does show up under games folder. Coppied game to HD (standard 20gb, havent hacked one yet) it reads as game, but says game isnt supported insert disk. Help? So i looked online and figured i should try loading FSD (5x black screen). This time i added the .ini file..... got the reg red background grafx, but it says it isnt supported with my kernal of 2.0.8.... ok so either i missed something or did some thing wrong. i know my ver was no that high! Is it possible to run XELL and XEXMENU on a non jtagged sys? also, when FSD read that error, it displayed the specs, Xenon, Jtagged. Someone please help? Mainly with what did i miss? the rest would help, im just scared this jtag updated my sys.
mobo is xenon, followed solder chart and bout resistors and raw lpt male cable and ran nandpro and 1 or 2 other programs.
THX

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
If you can boot xell, your console is exploited. If you didn't need a JTAG/RGH console to boot xell, you wouldn't need it for a hacked dash.

Have a good read of the stickys and guides (not to mention the multitude of posts) both here and at realmodscene.com. Get familiar with the process to upgrade.

If you're still stuck, get someone local to help you.

gavin_darkglide

VIP Member
Dec 14, 2012
Use j-runner to create the latest dash out of your old nand, and since it is a j-tag, you will manually have to flash the latest firmware to the drive to be able to play xgd3 games. I would also suggest getting a JR-Programmer, as nand read/write time is faster, and it is more reliable. Since the console boots xell, you can build the updflash.bin, and put it on the root of the flash drive and flash it in xell. if you do this dont forget to unplug power for 20sec after shutdown before turning it back on.

Last edited:

zerpkys

Jun 19, 2014
Thanks guys, def will look into those notes. As for the jrunner, I feel a 30 breadboard that I can prob build myself from raw/spare parts is a bit unnecessary. I can understand the concept of paying for an rgh though. I used this site as reference
http://m.instructables.com/id/How-to-JTAG-your-Xbox-360-and-run-homebrew/step3/Soldering-the-cable/
Ok so it did take a few trys, there are 2 dif methods for the xenon there, I tried the "better one" first and it would read so ivre soldered everything and 4x wires that rwmain on the board, well I have the diodes there but I removed the j202.4 wire completely. So that could be the problem? Just solder it back? Then update and try fsd3? Also how would that explain my kernal/dash ver of 2.0.85etc.? Im just worried that ive reached an irreversible problem.
Thanks again guys and sry for the length, props for actually readimg through all of this.
-zerpz

gavin_darkglide

VIP Member
Dec 14, 2012
Redump the current nand, just incase u did update it, flash back the original dump. If it boots, tell us what dashboard/kernel it is running. if it is running 7371 or lower, then it is jtagable. It is really quite simple.

zerpkys

Jun 19, 2014
Ok thanks ill do that in the am. But if your refering to "degraded", it was a 1888 which I read was jtagable. Thanks bro I will redump the nand to the orig . (Honestly didnt think this process of the nand could be dome more than once) I read if I unplug the 360 with the lpt cables still soldered in, that it seriously messes things up or something....is there any truth to that or anyway to avoid it? Leave the cables is maybe? Sinc2 it sounds like I might need to flash the nand more than once... .thanx
-zerpz

gavin_darkglide

VIP Member
Dec 14, 2012
You can leave your nand wiring in place, but as I already said, I would get the JR-P, as it is easier to remove by unplugging, and the nand r/w is more stable, and much faster. and know I wasnt talking about what degraded said, I want to know what dashboard the xbox is on. so once you get it to boot to stock dash, find out what dashboard it is on. if it is higher then 2.0.7371.0 then it will not be jtaggable.

zerpkys

Jun 19, 2014
Ok, so I finally got my solders back on qnd working. I erased the nand the wrote orig.bon
Cmds= nandpro lpt: -e16
Nandpro lpt: -w16 orig.bin
Lol just shut down the computer, and now the console wont turn on. Fml lol. It is still wired to the lpt atm. First I used a raw 25 d-sub male connector placing only the pins I needed( worked the 1st time). Ended up putting pins directly to cpu, tweaked the wires on the mobo for a bit til it finally found that flash reader. Typed those cmds and now wont pwr on. Im watchimg the controller flash, (wired) so I know theres pwr. The dvd is completly disconnected.
@gazcoigne im using the "first" method for the xenon mobo from the following url.
I double checked the resistors, and just noticed it says it requires 1x switching diode, which i have but cant figure out where it goes.....org I tried the 2nd "better" tut, which led to headche and faliure which made me switch to the 1st method. As for the leaving the wires in, I have a bunch of spare boards laying a round, is it possible to combine or mod what I have and make my own by following the concept of the schematics? Im going to completely mod this towards the end n e way, case, heatsink, fans lights, spinning rims lol jk. Well thanks guys for your help. Im gonna try and get this powered up now...
Zerp

http://m.instructables.com/id/How-to-JTAG-your-Xbox-360-and-run-homebrew/step3/Soldering-the-cable/

zerpkys

Jun 19, 2014
Ok so it wouldnt turn on. I figured out it I wrote the rong file to the nand. Went back and wrote the nand.bin file (the one I dumped twice to confirm they were identical... Now I got 3 rrod E79. So im gonna rewire my 2 fans back and see if I can bring the temps down. Already added new layer of ac5.

gazcoigne

BANNED
Jan 31, 2005
Belfast, UK
if your writing the orig.bin to the board thats your issue, you need to flash Xell to the console.

the wiring alone isnt enough to make a stock nand image boot xell if it isnt on the system.

your making a very easy thing very complicated for no reason.

theres tons of guides on the forum to tell you step by step how its done.

put down the soldering iron and read the tutorials 10 times until you actually understand what your doing instead of doing things that your not understanding of whats actually happening.

zerpkys

Jun 19, 2014
Lol thank u gazcoigne. As for that, I've following the tut on the site I posted. Along with the wiring, I have the progs specified. The wire to the male lpt connector, and the programs, are to my knowledge, one of the methods to flashing the nand. I have the xellflash file. I am going to get fancy later on. Prob will end up purchasing a premade connector.... as for now I need help! Rrod all day! 0002, 0020. Back and forth. Removed my modded 4pin fans, removed 2nd fan under board, rotated the cpu heatsink, new ac5, tried dif screws, removed all lpt solder wires. This thing will not turn on! I even got close enough to trace all connections on the board! Is there any way to bypass all these various errors? Nothing I seem to try is working.

gavin_darkglide

VIP Member
Dec 14, 2012
Error 0002, 0020 revolve around bridged/disconnected solder joints around the cpu/gpu/ram. best bet is to get it reflowed/reballed.

zerpkys

Jun 19, 2014
Ok, gazcoigne... im going to take your advice for the flash chip, im confused on my options, is an r-jtag the same as both jtag and rgh? Is it beneficial to have both? Also, ive looked on ebay and found mostl5 arudono mod chips for nand, will those work? And can I use a ****** flasher with a coolrunner? Last are the permanent or can I use them on multiple systems? Thnx...still rrod btw, tomorrow im going to to mod 2 heatsinks and try and make them one. Also will reflow prior to doimg this... man I hope this works...what socket type (if any) should I look for in heatsinks? Lol yes alot of questions I apologize hopefully will be guiding noobs myself one day... lol thanks
zerp

zerpkys

Jun 19, 2014
I cant get out of the rrod loop! I read online that dumping and writing the nand over works, I did notice a time chip on the corner of one of the chip on the gpu, should I scrap this one and move to the next or do u think the nand trick will work? I keep getting error 0002,0022, etc...
Zerp