jtagging help

manwinder

Jul 22, 2009
canada
i tried jtagging a zenon 2 weeks ago with the nand-x kit and it didn't work, so i thought probably bad soldering, i did a falcon today and i am sure i solder properly(99% sure), i started the jtag tool on windows 7 and i have got everything plugged in, nand -x both lights are on, and when i try reading the nand, it gives me a usb error, it tells me this exactly:

nand v2.0d by Tiros

looking for usb interface device
could not detect a flash controller!
can not continue
press any key to continue . . .

and this has happened to me when i tried reading the nand on the xenon too, and when i click read nand in the jtag tool the 360 turns on, i am not sure how but it turns on, and windows 7 was giving me problems with the jtag tool, so i ran it in windows xp mode and it gave me a few problems but it works

manwinder

Jul 22, 2009
canada
new update, i closed every program i could and jtag tool is reading the nand but it says error:

error: 0(not always 0) reading block xxxxx(some # and letters)

Jun 4, 2010
Could not detect flash controller is either:

1. Bad soldering

2. Console has no power (5volts)

3. NAND/SMC issues that points has cross continuity

GAM3x0V3R

VIP Member
Jan 15, 2007
England
First time i tried to install the nand x and do my jtag i got that so i re soldered everything and went out and bought a fiberglass pen and flux after that no problems. Dont try and save money buy what you need first time and you will probably do it first time.

manwinder

Jul 22, 2009
canada
i have done the 12v fan mod on the 360, should i desolder the 12v mod and read the nand and solder it back

Jun 4, 2010
12v fan mod shouldn't affect reading and writing the NAND but you could try and see if it makes any difference.

manwinder

Jul 22, 2009
canada
i tried no difference, when i am reading the nand it gives me errors when i am reading it but it continues to work and now when i try reading the nand the 360 turns on, when i turn it off the jtag tool stops reading the nand

Jun 4, 2010
dump the NAND few times & compare for mis-matching blocks >> install the jtag part >> flash xell & obtain CPU key >> compile freeboot & flash it your console

manwinder

Jul 22, 2009
canada
i did everything listed above and i put the 360 back together and started it, but it won't show anything