Jumped from Atmos to SX OS, need help with NSPs please

Rakidas

Noob Account
Dec 1, 2019
Cain’s Rest
Hi everyone,

Hoping I posted this in the right place, but if not then of course feel free to move it / contact me.

Made the jump today from Atmosphere to SX OS, and I've run into a bit of a problem. None of my games appear, and I'm assuming this is because all of them were NSPs downloaded and installed on Atmosphere, and not the XCI format that SX OS likes.

Is it as simple as copying and pasting some folders/files somewhere new so that SX OS recognises them, or do I have to delete, re-download and reinstall them all? Hoping to definitely avoid that if I can, as I have quite a few games, DLC and updates that would need to all be gotten again lol.

Thank you! :)

P.S. Also probably a stupid question, but I was just wondering if it's possible to run SX OS's cheat function while running Atmosphere? I doubt it but I was curious lol.

teamxbox

Jun 26, 2020
los angeles
You can still install the games that are NSP. Install the SX Installer (basically their version of Tinfoil) and SX Server (thier version of Nut) and connect it to your computer to install the NSP games over to your switch. You can also place the NSP in a folder on the microSD card and use SXInstaller to install them and delete the NSP files.

So answer is to reinstall the games using above files.

Reactions: Rakidas

Rakidas

Noob Account
Dec 1, 2019
Cain’s Rest
You can still install the games that are NSP. Install the SX Installer (basically their version of Tinfoil) and SX Server (thier version of Nut) and connect it to your computer to install the NSP games over to your switch. You can also place the NSP in a folder on the microSD card and use SXInstaller to install them and delete the NSP files.

So answer is to reinstall the games using above files.
Darn it, was hoping to avoid doing them all again 😭

Thank you for your help! 😄 I’ll get started on reinstalling all of my stuff.

teamxbox

Jun 26, 2020
los angeles
Im not sure.. Dose the SX Installer ,under Installed games, does it show up there ? I'm assuming no because you said none of the games show up in the main menu.

Rakidas

Noob Account
Dec 1, 2019
Cain’s Rest
Im not sure.. Dose the SX Installer ,under Installed games, does it show up there ? I'm assuming no because you said none of the games show up in the main menu.
Nope, I’m afraid not 😫 I was hoping I could just move my stuff to a different folder or something so that they’d show up there, but it looks like it’s a total reinstall job unless I’m missing something

x7l7j8cc

Noob Account
Oct 22, 2010
Italy
Hi everyone,

Hoping I posted this in the right place, but if not then of course feel free to move it / contact me.

Made the jump today from Atmosphere to SX OS, and I've run into a bit of a problem. None of my games appear, and I'm assuming this is because all of them were NSPs downloaded and installed on Atmosphere, and not the XCI format that SX OS likes.

Is it as simple as copying and pasting some folders/files somewhere new so that SX OS recognises them, or do I have to delete, re-download and reinstall them all? Hoping to definitely avoid that if I can, as I have quite a few games, DLC and updates that would need to all be gotten again lol.

Thank you! :)

P.S. Also probably a stupid question, but I was just wondering if it's possible to run SX OS's cheat function while running Atmosphere? I doubt it but I was curious lol.
@Rakidas
when you had atmosphere, did you have an emunand setted?
if yes, then there youre problem, atmosphere use a different location for the emunand, and when you start SX instead of booting the emunand it start the original NAND. and this is not good.
if you didnt have the emunand from atmosphere, then i think you have a small problem, try to see as @teamxbox suggest, and see if you have any savedata.

ive done so many changes from sx to atmos, and viceversa. and i didnt lost any of my games and savedata

Rakidas

Noob Account
Dec 1, 2019
Cain’s Rest
@Rakidas
when you had atmosphere, did you have an emunand setted?
if yes, then there youre problem, atmosphere use a different location for the emunand, and when you start SX instead of booting the emunand it start the original NAND. and this is not good.
if you didnt have the emunand from atmosphere, then i think you have a small problem, try to see as @teamxbox suggest, and see if you have any savedata.

ive done so many changes from sx to atmos, and viceversa. and i didnt lost any of my games and savedata
I didn’t think of that!!! Yes, I had emunand arranged on Atmosphere. Is there anything I can do about that? That was a great catch, thanks!

x7l7j8cc

Noob Account
Oct 22, 2010
Italy
I didn’t think of that!!! Yes, I had emunand arranged on Atmosphere. Is there anything I can do about that? That was a great catch, thanks!
First you need to absolutely backup your emuNAND to your PC (you can use NxNandManager by eliboa) last version is 4.0.
1) Open NxNANDManager , click on File -> Open drive, select your microSD (connected to your pc through an microSD adapter, the switch must be turned off).
2) Then click on "FULL DUMP" and wait patiently.
3) When done, on your microSD you must see a folder called "emummc" in the root. copy this entire folder to your pc.
4) Then, if you have some NSP on your sd, and you want to backup it you can copy the files to your pc or skip this.
5) then boot sx while Holding Down the Volume UP button... then, tap Options -> emuNAND -> Create emuNAND -> "Hidden Partition on micro SD" (this will format your sd, so be sure to backup everything you need first).
6) After it starts to copy the NAND to the emunand, ABORT it turn off the console, reconnect the microSD to your PC, open NxNandManager, File -> Open drive and select your microSD.
7) Click on "FULL or PARTIAL RESTORE", select the file Dumped at point (2) confirm, then wait patiently.
8) on the root of the SD create (if not exist) the "Emutendo" folder, in this folder copy the contents of the subfolder in the emummc folder copied at point (3), only folders named "Album, Contents and save".
9) download the latest boot from sx or click here for direct link (original link), and put the boot.dat to the root of your sd (overwrite if necessary).
10 - optional) re-copy all your homebrew to your sd (if you have any) , if you have any nsp files, copy it to "root_sd:/sx os/nsp" folder.
and you pretty much done.

if need any help, just ask ok? ;)

Reactions: remzkee0903

Rakidas

Noob Account
Dec 1, 2019
Cain’s Rest
First you need to absolutely backup your emuNAND to your PC (you can use NxNandManager by eliboa) last version is 4.0.
1) Open NxNANDManager , click on File -> Open drive, select your microSD (connected to your pc through an microSD adapter, the switch must be turned off).
2) Then click on "FULL DUMP" and wait patiently.
3) When done, on your microSD you must see a folder called "emummc" in the root. copy this entire folder to your pc.
4) Then, if you have some NSP on your sd, and you want to backup it you can copy the files to your pc or skip this.
5) then boot sx while Holding Down the Volume UP button... then, tap Options -> emuNAND -> Create emuNAND -> "Hidden Partition on micro SD" (this will format your sd, so be sure to backup everything you need first).
6) After it starts to copy the NAND to the emunand, ABORT it turn off the console, reconnect the microSD to your PC, open NxNandManager, File -> Open drive and select your microSD.
7) Click on "FULL or PARTIAL RESTORE", select the file Dumped at point (2) confirm, then wait patiently.
8) on the root of the SD create (if not exist) the "Emutendo" folder, in this folder copy the contents of the subfolder in the emummc folder copied at point (3), only folders named "Album, Contents and save".
9) download the latest boot from sx or click here for direct link (original link), and put the boot.dat to the root of your sd (overwrite if necessary).
10 - optional) re-copy all your homebrew to your sd (if you have any) , if you have any nsp files, copy it to "root_sd:/sx os/nsp" folder.
and you pretty much done.

if need any help, just ask ok? ;)
Thank you so much man, you even wrote it all out in steps 🤩 I’ll do that! Thank you!!!