Jungle flasher issues. Is it a dead device for windows 10 users?

Dthechemist

Noob Account
Mar 27, 2018
Hello forum new here,

Just purchased it and all the tools. The probe and Xecuter CK3 Lite. All works but windows 10 blocks this one file Portio64.sys Driver. Why does it do that? was the jungle flasher a waste of money now? Or if not then how can i get around it? I know about the PC test mode trick but i saw mixed critical reviews and didnt want to take a chance screwing up my lap top. So im wondering is there any 2018 or at least 2017 update for windows 10 so my pc wont keep blocking that driver file?

I have an xbox 360 elite (Phat). works fine. no issues. once had it soft modded in 2009. some how i updated i guess (I have to elites. one mod and one normal) and didnt realize that it would wipe that mod out....

so of course I cant play my old burned CDs on it anymore but my system and regular games all work fine....I felt nostalgic one day and wanted to play my old burns but realized it didnt want to start the games.....mind you im on xbox one now but from time to time once in a blue i like playing my old sh*t. Anyway thats what led me to try to RE Flash my drive again myself. It looked easy in the vids i saw so i ordered the supplies. Anyway I got it modded by someone back in 2009 whom im not in contact anymore so cant contact them to figure the issue out. I believe he soft modded it at the time...i cant really remember since its been so long ago.....

Last edited:

GeekHeat

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2013
lancashire
If u are using your laptop . U will need a x360 USB pro or u can use what u have if u have a pc. However with pc u will need a compatible sata chipset. It would of been easier and cheaper to send of the dvd drive for someone to flash it for u.

Dthechemist

Noob Account
Mar 27, 2018
yeah i have the X360 USB Pro actually but i still ran into a brick wall because it just wasnt picking up the dvd drive. As far as sending my drive for flashing, for sure after i realized that issue of the topic there i wanted to do that but the guy of the business shop (in Australia where i got the mod tools from) replied back and just kept it honest and said it wouldnt be wise to do that because it would be too much money to send it there and then get it back. He pretty much said try to find a shop that can do it. So currently im about to check into the old Import gaming shop i used to go to in the City. I havent been there in a good year now and im not sure if they still do it so thats why im trying to figure this out on my own and see if theres a way around it

But again as for X360 USB Pro i have it...its just windows 10 on my laptop keeps blocking that Portio.sys driver file. it seems the reason why My probe wont pick up on the dvd drive key and info....unless im doing something wrong im not realizing

EDIT:

I just figured out how to get around it. restarted the PC in its test mode to open up the disable driver enforcement. from there i went to my device management to install all the drivers that kept being blocked.....so this is a heads up to all my fellow windows 10 users! :wink:

follow this vid here i found
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1uE-vrwg8c

Last edited:

Dthechemist

Noob Account
Mar 27, 2018
pardon the double post. I got past the Portio64.sys driver issue of course and now everything else is fine but i just realized that you have to pick through a number of I/O ports? in the DVD32key tab area in jungle flasher? I only have one that says 0x000. Thats all thats there and my key wont show. it just stays grayed out and wont turn gold how i saw in different videos. why is that? I assume thats the only way ill get my key to appear?

Nevermind i flashed it....i was probing it wrong on how i was holding the timing of it....

Last edited: