Jungleflasher spam ads

Bong420

Mar 23, 2005
Where you live?
Anyone recently start getting spam ads with Jungleflasher when they open it?

I get something like some kind of annoying popup saying my computer is infected with a virus or root kit or something. Happens everytime I open it with an internet connection.

I never clicked on it and just force closed it and then turned off internet to open it before using the program. I don't think there homepage works anymore or maybe I was going to the wrong place.

Game_Over

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 2, 2010
Nothing like that here. I suggest you do a virus / malware scan.

Titanfreak736

BANNED
Oct 19, 2014
yes i have had this happen as well and Microsoft defender detected a virus script

QuickMythril

Feb 2, 2012
i also get those unstoppable pop-ups. i have also decided to just unplug from the internet before loading it up. not sure if i downloaded a hacked version of the software, or if the site that the ad used to direct to is now a spam site, but it didn't happen until somewhat recently. (a few months?).

Oggy

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Mar 1, 2010
I don't get any.

Oggy

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Mar 1, 2010
Thinking about it, JF displays an advert based on your geographical location, so I'd guess the UK'ers arent subject to this.

Game_Over

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 2, 2010
I'm not seeing any ads either.

Oggy

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Mar 1, 2010
I went to jf.net and got some virus crap, closed it...

Game_Over

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 2, 2010
I went to jf.net and got some virus crap, closed it...
yeah I can confirm that. I should have taken your word for it, :p

Xecuter

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 6, 2002
Asia
team-xecuter.com
On June 11, 2015 - Jungleflasher.net dropped out of the database, for being a expired domain.

Since it was highly ranked and no one renewed it on time, a company called Dropcatch.com auto grabbed it the moment it was available.

Then they sold it to parking site called Namebright.com which is now filled it with tons of spam ads and malware to catch all those visiting the site.

That is what happens when people let popular domains go away.

I suggest pointing jungleflasher.net to 127.0.0.1 in your windows hosts file to stop the ads from appearing and allowing you to use the outdated program still with your 'net on.

QuickMythril

Feb 2, 2012
On June 11, 2015 - Jungleflasher.net dropped out of the database, for being a expired domain.

Since it was highly ranked and no one renewed it on time, a company called Dropcatch.com auto grabbed it the moment it was available.

Then they sold it to parking site called Namebright.com which is now filled it with tons of spam ads and malware to catch all those visiting the site.

That is what happens when people let popular domains go away.

I suggest pointing jungleflasher.net to 127.0.0.1 in your windows hosts file to stop the ads from appearing and allowing you to use the outdated program still with your 'net on.
i got around to trying this and it worked perfectly. thanks a bunch! one question, when you say outdated, is there something newer that serves the same purpose?