ANSWERED Just bought x360usb pro 2..could use help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

justdoit

Sep 3, 2010
Hey guys so from before I used to use my desktop to flash my Xbox..but that desktop got too slow so I wanted a USB approach, I went ahead and preordered the X360USB Pro 2. It came in today and I installed the drivers and it was recognized in windows 7. For some odd reason however, there was no power going from the power cable outlet to the DVD drive. I even plugged it into my CK3 lite to see if it would power up but no success. Im not sure whether I got a faulty model or I'm doing something wrong but I was really excited to get this thing working and it doesn't wanna work haha.

I tried doing some research on my own but considering most people got it yesterday or today, there's not much info on it.

Thought id post here and let some masters point me in the right direction!

Do you think there isn't enough power coming from my USB ports? Im using a late 2011 model MBP dual booting OSX and W7.

n1ght0wl

BANNED
Nov 30, 2011
London
lucky for you to have yours as im still waiting to get my hands on one.. did you install both sets of drivers ?

justdoit

Sep 3, 2010
lucky for you to have yours as im still waiting to get my hands on one.. did you install both sets of drivers ?
Shipping was pretty fast for me :D! I believe so. I only updated the drivers once though. I downloaded the folder, and then went into my device manager and updated drivers. It showed up as x360 USB pro and had no yellow exclamation marks or anything. The weird thing is, I replugged it in and it said CK3i drivers not installed or something..so I'm guessing I might need to install those

Thanet_360s

VIP Member
Dec 6, 2011
Thanet, ENGLAND
i know it might sound like a stupid question but you did plug in the SATA power didnt you??

justdoit

Sep 3, 2010
i know it might sound like a stupid question but you did plug in the SATA power didnt you??
No hahah. I plugged in the SATA for the data and the normal power cable for power. I'm gonna try the drivers and see where that gets me

justdoit

Sep 3, 2010
if you didn't plug in the sata power cable - how did you expect to get any power to it ?

lol
im so confused right now. im gonna post a picture of the setup and you can then see how i have this going.

Attached is the device manager as well as the setup i have..I can't get the Ck3i to show up in device manager

talby71

VIP Member
Nov 24, 2010
Near Melbourne , Australia
you don't have any power connected, you only have the usb cable connected

you need a power input similar to what you would have had on your ck3i or ck3pro

Last edited:
Reactions: mikebills

justdoit

Sep 3, 2010
you don't have any power connected, you only have the usb cable connected
So what am i missing to power it up? sorry guys for being a noob..never used one of these things before

Edit: i have a seperate power adapter (molex adapter).

Last edited:
L

LoneWolf913

if you didn't plug in the sata power cable - how did you expect to get any power to it ?

lol :)
Amazing how many people think a 12v DVD drive can be powered off a 5v USB plug...

OP: Plug in a SATA power cable or get yourself an external molex PSU and use the (I believe it's bundled) molex-to-SATA power adapter provided by T-X.

talby71

VIP Member
Nov 24, 2010
Near Melbourne , Australia
"Molex to SATA convertor included if you don't have a Sata PSU"

that's what this is for.. the cable on far right...here a closer pic...connected with something similar to this

Last edited:

justdoit

Sep 3, 2010
"Molex to SATA convertor included if you don't have a Sata PSU"

that's what this is for.. the cable on far right
Amazing how many people think a 12v DVD drive can be powered off a 5v USB plug...

OP: Plug in a SATA power cable or get yourself an external molex PSU and use the (I believe it's bundled) molex-to-SATA power adapter provided by T-X.
Wow, i'm that dumb. sorry guys. I consider myself to be really good with this type of stuff and here i am thinking a 5v connection can run a 12v power drive.

thanks for the heads up guys. one last question..how do i get the ck3i drive in device manager to show up?

justdoit

Sep 3, 2010
did you read the thread linked here 4]
yes i have..many times. i'm guessing once i power it up, i can install the drivers for the ck3i. I already followed what uber said and correctly installed the drivers.

Ok everything showed up but im getting an error when i try updating the drivers. I still have the yellow exclamation point on the Ck3i. Everytime i try updating it says "a service installation section INF is missing". So now something has to be wrong lol

Edit: im gonna try removing the files in my system and try re installing.

Yeah that didn't work.

Last edited:

Ubergeek

Xecuter Groupie
Feb 24, 2003
California, USA
To be fair its painfully obvious that you're not doing anything correctly at all :(

I think you should post pics of your setup so someone can spot what you are doing wrong.

You need to tell us what these errors are too - we can't help you if you dont give the correct info.

TilVl

VIP Member
May 11, 2011
Should include a professional firmware flasher with every purchase.

Sent from my SGH-T839 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.