ANSWERED Just bought x360usb pro 2..could use help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TilVl

VIP Member
May 11, 2011
I know, joke cause the tools are so easy to use ;)

Sent from my SGH-T839 using Tapatalk

justdoit

Sep 3, 2010
To be fair its painfully obvious that you're not doing anything correctly at all :(

I think you should post pics of your setup so someone can spot what you are doing wrong.

You need to tell us what these errors are too - we can't help you if you dont give the correct info.
:frown:alright i'm gonna post some pictures. Thanks for the help uber

Guys, you have to understand something..i'm doing everything it said in the directions..theres just an error when it tries to install the Ck3i driver. Im certainly not dumb..something just isn't clicking. Trust me guys, i don't enjoy looking like a fool for something as simple as this

Attached is the photo of my current setup, and the device manager page view showing the yellow exclamation mark on the COM port, as well as the error i get when trying to install the driver for the CK3i.

Ubergeek

Xecuter Groupie
Feb 24, 2003
California, USA
Well that's easy - you need to remove the old drivers as instructed. You're not doing it correctly - don't panic :)

It's also possible your USB isn't providing enough power so switch the AUX Power switch to the LEFT (switch next to the SATA Power Connector)

justdoit

Sep 3, 2010
Well that's easy - you need to remove the old drivers as instructed. You're not doing it correctly.

It's also possible your USB isn't providing enough power so switch the AUX Power switch to the LEFT (switch next to the SATA Power Connector)
Well it worked. I did that earlier about 6-7 times, and reinstalled with no success. I do it again now...and it works. I'm all good now!! Thanks a lot guys for the help and the patience not to flip:tongue:

Reactions: Ubergeek

justdoit

Sep 3, 2010
UBER...it's not working again. its giving me the yellow exclamation mark. i have no idea whats going on

It says "Driver not intended for this platform"

I also shut off my driver enforcement thing in my BIOS

Last edited:

justdoit

Sep 3, 2010
yeah im using a different port with an extension usb cord. im currently backing up a current game and everything is working fine. There is still an exclamation point, however, in the device manager.

Quick question though. In XBC it says this is not a true 1 to 1 copy"..I'm using the original game..how could it not be a 1 to 1 copy?

peteybaby

May 11, 2012
FYI, I have a Lenovo laptop but the USB power wasn't enough - I had to connect an external Molex power supply to the Pro V2 to get the driver installed and working.

Ubergeek

Xecuter Groupie
Feb 24, 2003
California, USA
yeah im using a different port with an extension usb cord. im currently backing up a current game and everything is working fine. There is still an exclamation point, however, in the device manager.

Quick question though. In XBC it says this is not a true 1 to 1 copy"..I'm using the original game..how could it not be a 1 to 1 copy?
This is where you need to read instructions and guides in relation to XBC and ripping in general, it's not our app so I can't give you any advice. there are lots of guides by users here on the forums.

Also the new version isn't out yet that supports USB V2

---------- Post added at 11:21 ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 ----------

FYI, I have a Lenovo laptop but the USB power wasn't enough - I had to connect an external Molex power supply to the Pro V2 to get the driver installed and working.
Yes that's correct - it's how its supposed to work :) You need 12v - USB is 5v

Ubergeek

Xecuter Groupie
Feb 24, 2003
California, USA
Found possible cause for the customer with the MAC.

Make sure the AUX Power Switch (next to the Sata Power Adapter - labelled 1S4) is switched towards the USB not the SATA.

Try that and report back.

Aug 25, 2010
Cornwall England
Found possible cause for the customer with the MAC.

Make sure the AUX Power Switch (next to the Sata Power Adapter - labelled 1S4) is switched towards the USB not the SATA.

Try that and report back.
Thanks for investigating I'll have a go when I'm back home tomorrow

Ubergeek

Xecuter Groupie
Feb 24, 2003
California, USA
Yeah some systems won't like that switch option if the USB port is a good solid clean 5v - and the MAC most definitely is that

I really wanted to help you out with this so duplicated what you were describing and setting the switch correctly cleared it right up :)

I'll be sure to make sure this is in the documentation. Let me know when you have tested.

Aug 25, 2010
Cornwall England
Yeah some systems won't like that switch option if the USB port is a good solid clean 5v - and the MAC most definitely is that

I really wanted to help you out with this so duplicated what you were describing and setting the switch correctly cleared it right up :)

I'll be sure to make sure this is in the documentation. Let me know when you have tested.
we are all go, no more freezing. top notch support

Reactions: Ubergeek
Status
Not open for further replies.