Kamikaze fail fix

Argentum

VIP Member
Dec 13, 2011
Khobar, Saudi Arabia
Tools:
circuit writer pen

draw a conductive layer at the bottom of the drill you made, this will connect the cut traces and probably solve the problems (no eject, no spin ... etc. meaning you unlocked your drive but went a bit far)

however try not to fill the whole thing as you may short circuit the traces. It will be a good Idea to go from down and apply the minimum area and test it before applying more.

NOTE: this method is not guaranteed and may ruin your chip, and is a final alternative (although it might not matter as if you are trying this, it means it's already ruined)

I haven't tried it yet I ordered a pen (as it wasn't available in any local store) and will update the results once I do it.

If you have the pen try it and tell us if it workes for you :D

Last edited:

Argentum

VIP Member
Dec 13, 2011
Khobar, Saudi Arabia
A proposed fix that I will try when my conductive pen arrives I thought of sharing it on the forum. Maybe someone who already has the pen would like to give it a try

Then its not a fix now is it. Its just a theory that you have thought of so your titles incorrect. You would have had a better thread if youd just been asking if anyone has tried this.

My thoughts are that it will have been tried before as is too obvious.

360user

Apr 28, 2011
Far too many traces all round the spot so if someone has gone too far down then likely it's multiple hits the pen will make contact with. dout very much this method will work.

Argentum

VIP Member
Dec 13, 2011
Khobar, Saudi Arabia
Ok any thoughts guys

I Kamikaze my drive and stoped the moment i heard the beep. and i was going very slow.

Still i got no eject and fixed it with pout. now Disk doesn't spin

Could this be due a bad Flash. because when I tried to follow the erase/write procedure, after I press "erase Lite-On" it says "Firmware in the target buffer is not Lite-On are you sure you want to proceed"

although I used the OFW i got and LT+ 2.0 0225