LITEON 0225 Kamikaze method question!

jolubrech

Apr 5, 2012
Venezuela
Hey There! Sorry if im trying somethings that is not correct in some way, but anyways im going to try.

I recently tried to unlock the 0225 with this method but i think because i was a noob at this procedure i screwed the drive drilling to far i guess because it unlocked perfectly but didn't open tray or spin. So i was rethinking the process and looking everywhere i see that people every time the lock the drive and try to unlock again use rubbing alcohol and works.

So after all of that, i was wondering if i combine that technique to get better results and How is that?. Well i thought this:

Try to dremel a little bit but frequently removing the bit so i could use Q-tips swabs with the rubbing alcohol and wait for the changing status. if nothing happens, try a little more with the dremel and again the swabs with the rubbing alcohol.

Wish you could say something positive about this because i don't want to screw another one

nofeloniesyet

VIP Member
Jan 16, 2011
Nowhere
they dont call this kamikaze for nothing,even the best of us are going to kill a few boards,luckily the pros can solder a new ic chip and spi and have a working board again :)

avenged06x

Jan 15, 2012
they dont call this kamikaze for nothing,even the best of us are going to kill a few boards,luckily the pros can solder a new ic chip and spi and have a working board again :)
I have done 16 WINBONDs and have yet fried a board doing the Kamikaze hack. You just have to drill slow.

sdboltdude

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2003
SAN DIEGO GO BOLTS
i use a hand screwdriver for drilling w/100ohm resistor
jf should beep when spi unlock but i check w/ alcohol & Qtip every couple turns to be safe
i have used Wire Glue to fix bad kami just only use a little pin drop in hole...
it works if not drilled to deep.......

---------- Post added at 01:53 ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 ----------

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
I have done 16 WINBONDs and have yet fried a board doing the Kamikaze hack. You just have to drill slow.
:eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2:

Reactions: raulmal

nofeloniesyet

VIP Member
Jan 16, 2011
Nowhere
ok,now do the right thing and let us know when you kill your first one.

jolubrech

Apr 5, 2012
Venezuela
jf should beep when spi unlock but i check w/ alcohol & Qtip every couple turns to be safe
i have used Wire Glue to fix bad kami just only use a little pin drop in hole...

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2:
Nice to see i was not crazy thinking it could work. But what kind of hand screwdriver? what size in mm? And with the qtip did you eventually get the Beep? :biggrin:

TilVl

VIP Member
May 11, 2011
I never killed one, came close on my first but pout fix sorted it.

Its not hard if you mark the chip properly and drill slowly, making sure to go straight down with no angle.

I had a slight angle and that's why I had to do the pout fix.

Sent from my SGH-T839 using Tapatalk

jolubrech

Apr 5, 2012
Venezuela
I never killed one, came close on my first but pout fix sorted it.

Its not hard if you mark the chip properly and drill slowly, making sure to go straight down with no angle.

I had a slight angle and that's why I had to do the pout fix.

What angle do you suggest? Because i have seen to many Tutorials and they use bit of the dremel not vertically but almost horizontally :confused:

TilVl

VIP Member
May 11, 2011
Straight down. Make sure you are top to bottom. No slight curve, no bending left. Just up and down nothing more.

jimlfixit

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2011
UK
I used a 1mm drill bit and turned it by hand (no dremel or handdrill driver), it took a little while (about 7 mins), but I had full control and unlocked first time.

jolubrech

Apr 5, 2012
Venezuela
Thank you all for the Quick response. I´m gonna try it out one more time with another windbond. Hopefully get it done with all the considerations you gave me. I´ll keep in touch to let you know what happened

---------- Post added at 17:15 ---------- Previous post was at 17:10 ----------

I used a 1mm drill bit and turned it by hand (no dremel or handdrill driver), it took a little while (about 7 mins), but I had full control and unlocked first time.
With the resistor too for the beep, right?:rolleyes2:

raulmal

Dec 7, 2010
Orange County, CA

So The Conductive glue worked for you? How many times have you done this and does it last you a while and what do you do for the next time you need to unlock it?
Mine still reads the disc once I manuelly eject the tray and It closes the tray buy really fast and make noise when I push to open but not enough power I guess I was going to try the POUT fix But I did think about putting the silver glue but didnt want to fry it.

WalangAlam

VIP Member
May 27, 2010
Silver Sun City, Asia

So The Conductive glue worked for you? How many times have you done this and does it last you a while and what do you do for the next time you need to unlock it?
Mine still reads the disc once I manuelly eject the tray and It closes the tray buy really fast and make noise when I push to open but not enough power I guess I was going to try the POUT fix But I did think about putting the silver glue but didnt want to fry it.
Conductive glue works for me on 3-4 failed kamikaze. It will depend on how big and how deep is the hole. They are still working with no prob. I leave them unlocked since I can't find a way to unlock them later. I put them in rghd consoles.

jimlfixit

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2011
UK
Thank you all for the Quick response. I´m gonna try it out one more time with another windbond. Hopefully get it done with all the considerations you gave me. I´ll keep in touch to let you know what happened

---------- Post added at 17:15 ---------- Previous post was at 17:10 ----------

With the resistor too for the beep, right?:rolleyes2:
No. No resistor required.