Kamikaze MOD Help - unlocking issue

joelj

VIP Member
Jun 12, 2011
Colombo, SriLanka
Hi guys,
I successfully did my first Kamikaze MOD and all thanks to Xecutor.

I followed the tutorial by mespo365 the drive went into vendor mode and unlocked fine with spi 0x0

but as per the tutorial I closed JF and reopened and re-introed the drive

1. the drive goes into vendor mode FINE :)
3. the drive ejects fine (meaning i have not screwed up the chip.
2. but the spi which was 0x0 is now back to 0x80C

please see my following screenshot it was before I closed JF.

Initial Image

After Reopening JF

Now how do I get the drive SPI back to 0x0?

Many thanks people...

***** EDIT:
Tried the q-tip method, didn't work....

Last edited:

theone360ace

Apr 18, 2011
kingston upon hull uk
have you tried doing it with a pin soldered to the wire and 100ohm risistor and just probe the hole you made with the dremal and dont push just touch insted of using dremal again

if i helped please thank me

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2011
united kingdom
intro drive click on 0x8c you will get a popup box about spi lock do you want to unlock it click yes jf will start showing ................. time to us unlock method q-tip with rubbing alcohol, electric lighter spark, wire that is connected to 3.3v with 100ohm resistor if all those fail its time to be carefull cause you need to use your original unlock method with dremel, knife or soldering iron if using the dremel please dont turn it on will be better to turn bit by hand keep check of status and only do quarter turns at a time very slow till it unlocks again. this has happened to me before and quarter of a turn with my knife no presure was enough to unlock it be sure to watch for status changing to 0x3 or 0x0

sorry posted same time as you johnny2good

Last edited:

joelj

VIP Member
Jun 12, 2011
Colombo, SriLanka
have you tried doing it with a pin soldered to the wire and 100ohm risistor and just probe the hole you made with the dremal and dont push just touch insted of using dremal again

if i helped please thank me
Thanks everyone for your awesome support. and no I was not on the IRC, maybe someone else :)

Anyways soldering the resistor worked perfectly and I was able to flash the drive with LT+ 1.92 0225.

But now the drive wont eject. Guess its time for good old POUT fix....

Will keep updated and also will post pics, btw I didnt use dremel.

I used a low watt soldering iron and it worked like a charm.