FIXED Keep going or what?

ylmcc

Dec 20, 2014
Hey guys,

Halfway through the kamikaze hack and the drive still plays games etc I've grabbed the keys also im using a knife and not sure whether to keep going or not here's a picture so far Capture.PNG

Last edited:

gavin_darkglide

VIP Member
Dec 14, 2012
If you pulled the keys, and it still plays retail games, then I would say by all means flash the custom firmware, and test again. as long as you have the dummy.bin, you can always recover by buying a new board if it fails, and flashing the firmware to that. I personally have never liked the kami hack, as it is really easy to screw up. I would rather do an LTU2 install, even if it is with a phat liteon drive.

ylmcc

Dec 20, 2014
I haven't unlocked it im just wondering do I keep going or have I gone deep enough that if I go any further it will be screwed....

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2010
Colne, Lancashire (UK)
Turn your drill bit in tiny increments and listen for the beep in JungleFlasher.

What I do is take a cotton swab dipped in IPA and touch the drilled hole after every 2 or 3 turns.

GeekHeat

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2013
lancashire
I got given a PC monitor few months ago but speakers are not very good. So I did a kamikaze hack the other week and decided to use my headphones on full volume so I cud here the beep noise when it unlocked. Jesus when I heard the beep I threw the drill piece across the room and nearly sh*t myself cos it was so loud. At least I didn't drill too far.

Reactions: Antalpromille

ylmcc

Dec 20, 2014
To be honest, im considering to give the solder iron a try have a very tiny tip as it hasn't beeped....

ylmcc

Dec 20, 2014
Alright gonna use the soldering iron now as the knife isnt getting me anywhere

ylmcc

Dec 20, 2014
I erased it and then thought I killed it, its flashed thanks for the heads up :)

Last edited:

ylmcc

Dec 20, 2014
Yes just tested it there, for anyone who is stuck doing theirs, this is how far I had to gofof.jpg

Last edited: