Keeping SX Installer strictly homebrew

ybmug

Jul 31, 2018
Whenever I run SX installer for the first time, it installs an NSP that gets added to my game library. I don't want this app on my home screen, just accessible from the homebrew menu. Is there a way to keep it from installing the app? Is it as simple as deleting the .nsp in the sx folder or will that cause issues?

imprezgc8

Bannnnnn-Kai!
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
I have not tested this myself, but you can try to delete the nsp from the SX Installer folder on your SD. You will how ever need to manually launch with full ram or go back to an older version that does not require full ram.

Reactions: ybmug

Gaming Freak

Jun 14, 2018
I am also interested in not having the app on my home screen.
Whenever I run SX installer for the first time, it installs an NSP that gets added to my game library. I don't want this app on my home screen, just accessible from the homebrew menu. Is there a way to keep it from installing the app? Is it as simple as deleting the .nsp in the sx folder or will that cause issues?
How did you go? Did you work out how to prevent it appearing on the main screen of switch? Thanks

Last edited:

copyandpaste

Sep 21, 2019
usa
From my testing....

If you run SX Installer 3.02 without the nsp on your sdcard, the first time you open SX Installer 3.02 it will somehow still install it as an nsp.

If you run SX Installer 3.01 without the nsp on you sdcard, it will not install the SX Installer as an nsp. Meaning you can run it strictly from the homebrew menu.

ChokingVictim87

Noob Account
Dec 16, 2019
Australia
Heres what happened to me: No homebrew apps work for me uless the nro is on the root of my SD card. I Updated my Switch firmware and have the latest SXOS so needed to update my SX installer. I copied the new nro across and ovverwrote the old one (as Ive always done) and booted up the system. Upon entering the hombrew tab and clicking SXinstaller, I was taken to a black screen with white writing that said " ERROR INTERCEPTED. ERRORO REASON-.NRO FILE MISSING FROM DECLARED PATH.PLEASE FIX PATH AND TRY AGAIN"

I pressed the Home button and saw the SX installer icon was now in my Game Library yet upon clicking it, nothing happens....

Gaming Freak

Jun 14, 2018
From my testing....

If you run SX Installer 3.02 without the nsp on your sdcard, the first time you open SX Installer 3.02 it will somehow still install it as an nsp.

If you run SX Installer 3.01 without the nsp on you sdcard, it will not install the SX Installer as an nsp. Meaning you can run it strictly from the homebrew menu.
There should be an option built in to keep it strictly inside the homebrew menu or have the option to display on main screen of switch also

Reactions: Armandooooo