Kind Lost with J-Runner

Dasmius

Noob Account
Sep 26, 2010
yo,
I've been away from de scene for a long time and last week my sis asked me too do an RGH on my cousin x360, so I got my stuff and started to do it.
first I did an download of J-runner last version and the first thig was that the archives check wasnt working anymore and when i looked for, I saw ppl saying there is no support anymore..so I downloaded the last dash xell and put it on J-runner... Got my cousin x360 and it is a Corona v4, so I did the NAND read, created ecc and when I was about to programm the coolrunner 3 rev c, I got an suprise..a lot of new options to choose to programm, I got lost and I don't know which one to choose,  and an new Glich option "GliCHm", so I looked on internet for some guide and coudn't find anyone to explain me abou which option I must choose..what is RGH2 a, b, c and d? and Corona with a lotttt of options there, what is that options?

Can anyone help me or give-me a link with proper tutorial?oper tutorial?

andoryuu3

VIP Member
Dec 19, 2015
Homebrew-Connection has a tutorial on how to RGH2 Corona's specifically, and in their guide they flashed the RGH2 "A" timing file. I've seen others say to try all four-- A, B, C, and D-- to see which works best for your system. This is just a guess, but I would think that the Corona timing files are for fine tuning your glitch. If it were my console, I would use them only if A, B, C and D don't produce results.

You can probably ignore Glitch2m. A quick google search gave me this explanation: "(also RGH2+ with the appropriate SMC) this is a hybrid between JTAG and RGH in that it emulates the fuses like JTAG does and can thus work on consoles that have fuses that are f*cked..."

I'm 99% sure you'll want to use Glitch2. ;)

Last edited:

Dasmius

Noob Account
Sep 26, 2010
Alright, good to know some of those things, and yup, I know tat I've to use an oscilator on rev c to glitch on Corona's... I just wanna know better about this vrrsion and optios on J-runner since I'm not used with that interface and option cuz I left scene around 3 years....

gavin_darkglide

VIP Member
Dec 14, 2012
The software side of things has not changed for corona consoles. the only real difference is the 4GB nand on some of them(V2/V4/V6), and the ones with winbond memory. So if you have that memory add those patches. if it is a 4gb console, nand R/W has changed. other than that everything else is handled by xebuild. There are many options as far a glitching, but for a cheap option, I would suggest S-RGH which will work with the DGX/RGX chip, and a few off TX brand chips. It boots as fast/consistently as the CR4, and if you go off brand, you can do it with a $7 chip from china. Sometimes it actually boots better than the CR4.

Dasmius

Noob Account
Sep 26, 2010
My cousin x360 is an Corona v4 and I still have a cr 3 rev c, so I'l use it. Looking more on internet, I found tutorials saying to choose And try one of those options on RGX (cor_a, Cor_b, Cor_c) or try each one of RGH2 A, B, C, or D .... Is that right?

gavin_darkglide

VIP Member
Dec 14, 2012
I would look into S-RGH files. They were designed for the X360Ace, and DGX, but they may work on a rev C. Havnt tried it myself on a rev C, but it isnt like you cant program it with different files.